1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That was definitely my initial thought…….new to me gun, and a really small one at that. But did a good bit of dry firing to get used to the grip/trigger etc and bench rested as well to make sure I stayed well on my point of aim. It’s consistently low left even from a bench rested position. A bit of research I found some Lcp max owners are swapping out to a s&w bodyguard 380 front sight that sits lower, so brings their POI back to where aim is. Sounds like it’s a hit or miss common issue with these. It’s a nice night sight that comes on the Max, so I hate to swap it

2. britx303

I’m owning it…….I sucked with this little pistol. Took a buddy I grew up with to the range. He’s been pistol shooting and training for nearly 30 years. He was on point within a couple shots with the max. He watched my shooting and showed me where I was screwing up my grip from it being such a small piece. Within a magazine or 2 I was on point far better than the first day. Pheeeeew, I regained some faith in the little piece, and just need to keep at the grip work/muscle memory on this one. Crazy how bad I was screwing up even bench resting. This guy was wearing out a ragged hole on bullseye with it, so without a doubt it was me:oops::D

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Yeah pistol shooting takes way more practice than picking up a rifle for me. I ended up the #1 shooter with a bone stock Glock 19 in a more advanced class I took maybe 1-2 years ago with dudes with tricked out stuff, cops, ex mil etc. People were getting frustrated with there guns and gadgets where I really focused on what was being taught hah. Just got lucky that day. However, I have that FN with the RMR, light, suppressor and all the bells and whistles so I can't say anything about having a tricked out gun. I picked up 500 rounds to try and get as proficient with the RMR as I am with iron sights. Apparently the RDS's are the future!

britx303 likes this.
  4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Anyone ever use the LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 scope mount QD LT104?

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yep they work

6. lizard84

:beer:

7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I don't have a need for this. Just a "want".

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I actually went with a Beretta P92X for the first pistol I've had in over 20 years. Too big to easily carry but enjoyable to shoot. I put about 80 rounds through it on the first day and I'm pretty pleased with it. My wife likes it better than her S&W MP Shield, so I'd better keep an eye on it:D
    I'll wind up getting something a lot smaller to carry, but I'll be putting a lot of rounds through the 92X.

9. britx303

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

11. britx303

Not that I’m aware of. We’ve been shooting a ton of their 115 and 124 grain with no issues. Hope there isn’t a 9 issue. We’ve got a lot more on hand, and I already don’t want the 308 return headache

12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I just googled and they did have a 9mm recall. Thought so cause my BIL had bought some but not sure if his were part of the recall.

13. britx303

There is a safety warning/recall notification link on Norma’s site, it’s only showing the 147g 308. Our current cases of 9 are recently purchased. I will dig around for info and check lot numbers for 9mm to make sure we’re good

14. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

First one in a while Ive felt the need to do nothing to as it pretty much nails it out of the box (although, I would have preferred a black barrel)....

Canik Mete SFT Pro....

EBE53EC2-50CD-449D-AC8F-C1234646EF8B.jpeg

6E158097-C6F5-4E71-BD3E-95FD78DA8DB6.jpeg

GG nailed it - for what you get for the money, they just cant be beat.

GixxerJohn011, DmanSlam and Jedb like this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep...LOVE my Mete.

16. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

What are the beeb’s thoughts on removing an external safety? My first pistol has turned into my nightstand gun. On the trip I took I was concerned the airline would lose it. I wanted to take it instead of my carry gun because it’s about half the price to replace but I figured I better do some drills first. After two trips to the range I could not get comfortable drawing it from the holster and turning off the safety so I took my normal carry gun, luckily it made the flight there and back.

It is the only gun that I may pick up for self-defense that has a safety, I would like to remove it but I’m worried in a civil case if I remove the external safety I will be painted as a vigilante just looking to shoot somebody.

Should I remove the safety or go gun shopping? I know the obvious answer and I know what I’m probably going to do but any real thoughts on the safety?

17. lizard84

Simple, just don’t use it, leave in in the fire position.

Of course, I don’t see the downside of buying another firearm. I got a sweet deal on a Masterpiece Arms AR9 PPC today.

DmanSlam likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I thought my original post was long enough so I left this out but the safety is stupid easy to turn on. I tried leaving it off with two different holsters at the range but they both turn the safety on about 3/4 of the time. I know in my Stopbox in my drawer is different than a holster but if I do hear that bump in the night it’s just one less thing to screw up.

19. lizard84

Well there your go, time to make room in the safe for another!

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  20. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

What state do you live in? If its CA or NY then leave it on. Just about any other state and you should have little legal worries about removing it. I don't own any handguns with a manual safety because I hate them so I feel your pain. They always seem easy to accidentally bump into the safe position and difficult to move into the fire position.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.