1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA - School me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Just be cautious about the classes you enter. The SOT classes for example have guys in there that will legitimately run 75-80 mph speed differences and its scary. Overall its a good org but remember the majority of those guys are just having fun vs racing competitively.

2. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Across the board and i race both orgs , armha is alot of old fast guys that like to have fun and some old fat guys that like to have fun (me) and for the most part where you place isnt as important as the fact you showed up with your maybe outdated bikes that in some cases still haul the mail with mine not included in that group . The fast guys like Lee Acree and Brad coleman and Harry Vanderlin and many others if i forgot a few are allways friendly and allways willing to help . I also love wera and for the most part are a bunch of fast studs and some frightening fast girls and women and youngters that dont even have a drivers license yet so check your ego at the door unless your talent pool is very deep with your ancestors . The ahrma and wera races are very well run and look forward to getting on the track every f-ing time . Word and happy Monday .

3. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

I have currently raced with ahrma the past few years on my zx7. They run a good show, but the combined classes can be very scary. The closing speeds can be amazingly fast. One to two laps in and you are lapping other riders for example.

Buell1965 likes this.
  4. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

I certainly understand and if not me but whom will carry the back marker moniker . I would love to que the "going the distance " by cake at the end of the long race day as the banners are put away , maybe one last race for the misbegotten old fat guys and instead of a trophy just one stale hotdog left at the concession stand along with the empty grandstand by a ladie named Nancy and fade .. .just kiddin I love racing and live for the flag drop and wish my wallet was fatter and my skills were better .

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Last time I raced SOT2 at Barber, I gridded up on row 19 of a 70 bike grid. The grid was not staggered and they don't grid by lap times, it's by points so yes, it can be sketchy. I think they have changed that for some of the SOT classes, especially at Barber, because there was just too much carnage.

I think if you're going to race AHRMA, especially the larger events, you just have to check your inner Ricky Racer and remember that everyone there wants to go home in one piece. Not a problem for me, as I usually have that attitude anyway. Which could be considered one of my problems, but oh well, I'll never be Marquez.

6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'll be there for my very first time at Barber and with WERA.
    Will definitely need some advice on Pirellis there.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

James Bock aka Podium MS is the vendor and Oscar who replaced me will be there too.

We'll be they to hang but only for a day. Not sure which day yet.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Bock is a character. :D

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I'll be at Barber hanging around, playing with tires.

Harry V. III likes this.