1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA - School me?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kurlon, Sep 9, 2022.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

It was a confusing article, but I read it as a protest was filed for illegal frame and it was deemed to be illegal.

Is that the way you read it?

If I have the people / bikes involved correct in my mind, guy running a Yammie Virago protested. I believe he was a Blackhawk and just cleaned up in that class. That bike sounds mean! multiple red flags as he got the holeshot every time, had to be frustrating.

Aw man, thats a bummer.....I heard it went well in 22, and we were in line for a better race date.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

The article was just a press release. Yes, it was confusing. How I read it was, there was an original protest, that was upheld. Guy gets disqualified. (the one with a frame not to the rules) The guy that was disqualified filed an appeal of the protest results, and that was denied. At least that's how I took it.

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I'm an AHRMA Trutee. I'm happy to answer any AHRMA questions you might have, PM me with a phone number and we can discuss off-line.

Cheers,

Dave

G2G, TLR67, Once a Wanker.. and 3 others like this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

backbone and YamahaRick like this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

You do, two races i believe

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's just one and that is for the regional winner take all races. You can race the national stuff without having raced and this year the ama stuff

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I dial so far back on track days that I don't enjoy them anymore. I might do one on the Pan Am for giggles?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  8. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

My AHRMA story, I didn’t follow the series but had an opportunity to run a GS450 I had at the time in there vintage superbike class at Mid-Ohio, my bike was eligible for lightweight except my pistons were slightly over the 470cc limit so I entered middleweight and modified my build from its WERA spec to conform to there rules.

It all went well, bike ran well and I had a good amount of seat time at the track previously. The thing that constantly came up after the bike garnered some interest from competitors in the class was my aim tachometer. The conversation always started with a “ nice bike but you know your required to run the stock gauge mount brackets , not the gauges but the the bracket “

I was more than happy to point out that my bike was fully compliant, I admitted the mount was required but reminded them that the rule book said nothing about mounting it in the stock location. I directed them to look where I was pointing to view the stock gauge housing that was zip tied under the seat behind my CR’s.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

FUCK! I am glad I at least got to run it this year…. major bummer for 23

418, Philip Mirgliotta and noles19 like this.
  10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

With AHRMA?

11. noles19

Oh no I'm stupid I thought he was talking about the gnf. AHRMA you do have to do two races before hand

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No requirements for AMA RRGC classes, National Challenge classes, or Vintage classes. Just the Sportsman stuff.

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Ok, Barber is a 20hr drive one way, so I'd need to burn a week to cover travel time. I'll have to see if I can make a WERA round there next year as well maybe?

14. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

not suprised, so is njmp , but there is summit point

15. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Boo!

noles19 and TLR67 like this.
  16. noles19

Is the schedule out?

17. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

no. gingerman riders meeting

noles19 likes this.
  18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

15/42

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  19. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I didn't think I could stuff a 15t in the front, 130mph wound out on paper? That's HUSTLING on a sumo! Right, so I'll want to do some R&R over the winter to make sure it's healthy, possibly a couple tweaks to find some motor on top... but I think a Laguna and Barber based year next year could be fun.

83BSA likes this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I have raced with AHRMA a bunch, and will likely do more in the future. It's a good organization. I personally never had any problems at tech. There are a few sticklers there when it comes to rules, but no more than any other race org IMO.

There are zillions of bikes that are eligible, especially with some of the new classes.

Trackdays at Laguna suck because they are sound restricted, so you have to roll off on some of the straights or risk getting sent home early. I have a few track day slots with one of the orgs that I will sell cheap if anyone wants to go.

I would not hesitate on Laguna, repave or not. Supposedly they are repaving in November. Bucket list track for sure. Not sure about the "low grip" situation or what that means, you can haul ass there!

TLR67 likes this.