1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an Airplane?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I will store it for you in my bonus room or the conference room at the office if you want to buy it. Can I put iracing on it?

2. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I’ve been using my zulu3’s but I’m in the 170/175 so plenty of room for whatever.

well until Saturday and I’m off to the dark side. Back to GA with netjets.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Hey! I was with NJ :cool: drove the Encore for a couple yrs.

4. inpayne

H
    How did you like it? Seems like most people either love it or hate it. But I haven’t personally met anyone that hates it lol.

5. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

It was 12 yrs ago for me. I really liked it, then got layed off like what happens in aviation. I was on a slow fleet, and my personality suited that just fine. Not sure how things are nowadays. I dont think Id fit in the embraer cockpit :crackup:

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

they are closing the 200 base in msp and they think atl is next. Which means I’ll displace to the 900 which would be good. However I’m not sure I’ll be able to hold atl if that happens. People are already asking where I’ve got my apps in hah

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Apply everywhere, don’t wait. We’re hiring everyone right now, including guys with no Jet time.

Steak Travis and MGM like this.
  8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Bose Pro Flight. I ran the DC Pro 10x (or whatever model it is) for a few years in Airbus and Boeing. I like the Bose much more. Very light weight, Bluetooth and comfy. The talk through feature is mostly a gimmick because it amplifies the background noise and is irritating. Otherwise a solid headset.

9. inpayne

Lo
    Lol me either. We had to fill out a sizing form to see if we would fit. I’m 6’1” and I heard they won’t put anyone over 6 foot in it so we will see. Now the more you fly the more you make with fdp so I hope I’m in a busy fleet like the 350.

10. inpayne

Where are you at?

11. Steak Travis

After I apply I’ll let you know where he’s at :)

inpayne likes this.
  12. inpayne

Right on. I had 40 hours of 121 time and got interviews everywhere other than the legacies. and a couple LCC’s. Crazy market out there.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Dont you have flow thru to the Big D?

Or is that way too slow or not very guaranteed??

14. Steak Travis

Yeah we have a flow. It's showing 4 years for me which wouldn't be bad.. but who knows that may go away by then. I've got nothing to complain about at the moment but the bitching is strong at the moment for others. The slow down is actually working for me with a kid due next month. Once I get that squared away, if I'm still not flying, and get pushed out of ATL.. Then yeah I'll join in on the bad attitudes

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If you really want to fly you could drop my off in Charleston for the weekend and pick me up late Sunday. Charlie Brown or PDK. your choice, and your plane, and your fuel.... :D

16. ChemGuy

Good plan.

In a downturn 4 years could easily turn into never.

Get a number with a major, but dont get too crazy picking a shitty boss to fly for. You know how painful it is to move after a few years and start over at the bottom. If every job was like flying (or teaching)...union based on seniority number...people would effing loose their minds.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

This is how I ended up in GA. With the right approach, you can find some amazing opportunity. Plus, I’ve been home almost every night and been to every school event, etc.

Gino230 and inpayne like this.
  18. ChemGuy

Hey @Steak Travis you want another plane? I have a low time cream puff here. I'll even wash it and throw in a free oil change.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sharky nrk likes this.
  19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Looks like a prime candidate for Jimmy’s World.

ChemGuy likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wash it and fly it!