1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

KTM 690 is amazeballs.

Meh, I think you're confusing the 690 with some of their newer platforms (790, 890) which have had some growing pains. The LC4 is pretty well sorted at this point (other than a second counterbalancer in/around 2019, it hasn't changed a ton in the past decade).

5axis likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

You should check out RTWPaul's latest thread......

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/utter-ridiculousness-with-8-hp.1586839/

SteveThompson and ducnut like this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew he’d gotten one. That dude is a badass, for sure.

“Some Guy Rides” on YouTube, and his buddy, rode the TAT on a pair of them. It’d be a great time bumming along at a relaxed pace, off the beaten path.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I bought a new 2017 500EXCf and put about 8k miles on it. I never took it for service a single time. I did have to replace the fuel pump myself.

5. SuddenBraking

My 2017 Husky 350 took a dump on me in the woods a few weeks ago…….was a fun six mile hike out.

6. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Fuel pump?

7. SuddenBraking

Still getting sorted. I assumed it was a bad stator (had all the same symptoms, random shutoffs, battery drained to nothing, etc.) but I'm being told it's more than likely in the "starter or the starter clutch and sprag bearing".

5axis likes this.
  8. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I don't get how those symptoms are the starter, but I'm no KTM motor expert.
    The whole electric start dirt bike thing made me seek out a left over 2019 and install the kick starter kit.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

"This Video is PRIVATE"... ?

11. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Big bikes: 1290, Tiger 1200 and Harley. A lot of pavement. Scanned before it disappeared.

Cheers,

dave

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Makes no sense. It's a cycle world test.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Just telling you what my screen reads...:)

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know. I'm seeing it too. It did work when I posted it.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

The Harley broke down, the Triumph wiring burned and the KTM ran out of the picture..roosting asphalt.

turner38 and SuddenBraking like this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Thanks for re-posting.

Cheers,

Dave

18. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Going to check out a Yamaha Tenere 700 tomorrow. Anyone else have one or ride one? Impressions?

stk0308 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I came across some YouTube titles that indicated some problems with 'em but I didn't watch...you know how the titles can be clickbait-ish. Still, the Tubes are decent place to hear about stuff. Maybe spend some time searching different ideas there and then bounce that off the real deal when you check it out?
    All I can tell you is that they reportedly handle pretty good in the dirt, but compared to what?

Once a Wanker.. and ducnut like this.
  20. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Yeah I've done a fair amount of reading on them the last year or two and I like what I've read. Basic, simple tech, good handling and great motor. I've been on my WR250R for years (which I plan to keep), so this will feel like a gold wing to me probably. I haven't picked up on too many major problems with them other than people buying them for unrealistic purposes and not being happy with it.

I think it's the next bike for me, but we always need to get the beeb's take on e'rthang you know? Would be interesting to hear someone's experience with it on here.

Once a Wanker.. and ducnut like this.