1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The best thing I learned from someone else about a 350 in AR platform is to cut the retaining lip back about a 1/4” on your mags. With the round not being a bottleneck it didn’t chamber as reliably but that made it 100%. With the dead air primal can it’s fun to shoot

britx303 likes this.
  2. Neily

Neily Member

Yeah, I don't know what the heck are 450 bushmaster prices, was thinking about building it too. Guess I'm sticking to my 6.5 creedmore this year, and probably next year too if prices gonna keep rising the same way.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

4. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I really appreciate accurate bolts but they can be punishing when they are light. So I prefer to use a suppressor or brake. I’ve actually be selling off most of my rifles that weren’t threaded.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

380 auto pistol for concealed carry thoughts……..looking at a Ruger LCP because of size. But kind of liking a 9mm g43 for capacity and platform familiarity , but a smidge bigger.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

.380 you may as well throw an unlit firecracker.

I wouldn’t consider anything less than 9mm, preferably .40 or 10mm for a PP carry weapon.

Not a fan of the LC series. Chambered round indicator is antithetical to basic firearm safety to treat every firearm as if is loaded and ready to fire.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. britx303

I could make an Alec Baldwin joke…….but I’ll refrain :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Like Alec Baldwin, it wouldn’t be funny. :Poke:

britx303 and A. Barrister like this.
  9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I have an LCP and it is a true "pocket gun". I only use it when I have zero other options. So many 9mm have made amazing advances since the LCP came out. My new pocket gun, and just plain EDC carry is a springfield hellcat with an mcarbo upgrade spring kit. I have 4 different holsters for it, but usually appendix carry it. I only pocket carry the LCP now when I'm taking the dog out. For EDC, it's better than nothing, but it's purely a very close quarters gun with near zero "aimability".

britx303 likes this.
  10. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Springfield XDS goes everywhere with me. It came down to the XDS or Glock 43. The Springfield just fit better as a IWB.

britx303 likes this.
  11. britx303

I “think” one of those is in the shop I’m going to. I’ve been looking at so many pistols now that I’m losing track :D If I had Broome money I’d be stacked with so many I’d likely have doubles without even knowing :p

12. britx303

ACC9CE5D-182A-442F-BEDE-272F7E7FBD60.jpeg This was from yesterday playing around, getting ready for my qualifying test this morning to get my concealed permit. The instructor said to try doing 20 pushups real fast to get your heart rate up then jump up and fire at 40 yards. I went with 30 push-ups and 50 yards. Only had five rounds left for this but they all landed……woohoo!!:rock:

Clay and Sabre699 like this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Too many advances in 9mm these days for there to be much argument for a .380 anymore. And LCPs are junk anyways. Someone else mentioned Springfields and Glocks. I’ll add in S&W and say between the 3, hard to beat their offerings in 9mm for the money.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Too many advances in bullet technology these days for there to be much argument for .45ACP over 9mm over .380ACP...
    And, if ya ask Bill Burr, a .22 is all ya really need. :D

I'd be satisfied owning a .380ACP as the bullet tech of today's cartridges is a great equalizer. Just ask the 9mm crowd when the .45 crowd shows their disdain for that girl's cartridge...the Niners will show ya YouTube after YouTube how brilliantly the 9mm can overkill Jello. :crackup:

<Where's that "stir the pot" thingie?>

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

16. britx303

Passed my shooting with a 100% :D Who says 80%ers ain’t no good?:dead::D And in the typical racer/competitor spirit we all have…….I was competing against all the others without them knowing :crackup: And as for the Lcp I’ve already moved on:p

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My $0.02…modern 380 will stop most bad guys, the guys that are all cracked out and on everything else it wouldn’t matter if you hit them with a bazooka. I saw a video on a cop that shot every round of 45 he had at a crackhead, he hit him like 20 times, 13 were deemed fatal shots…crackhead kept on coming. What should he have been carrying? Desert Eagle 50? That cop now carries a 9mm with I think 120-130 rounds on him.

My dad just bought an LCP Max. One of the selling points of the max is the trigger is supposed to be better, if it’s better I’d hate to shoot an old one. There is about 3 days of take up then the mushiest wall I’ve felt, a fair amount of creep, then it finally breaks. Unless you are going to pocket carry there are better options.

britx303 likes this.
  18. britx303

Screw it. I ordered a PSA Dagger. I’m 100% happy with the dagger slide assembly on the p80 frame that’s been the main range pistol. It’s been nothing but reliable for nearly 1k rounds after breaking in. F*ck we’ve been doing a lot of shooting :eek: So hopefully a complete Dagger is just as good. 300 bucks+free shipping at the moment

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I love 10mm based firearms and fully advocate the advantages of hollow point defense ammunition, I do suspect however the percentage of perpetrators that are above ground able to run around bragging about shrugging off themselves being ventilated with .380's or FMJ rounds is predictably low. :clap:

Razr and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Before I got my AR 10 done for coyote hunting was using a bolt action 308. Added a break then a suppressor, make them much more enjoyable to shoot. A suppressed AR 10 decked out like Tackleberry would have is more fun than you can imagine night hunting. Thermal and various night vision set ups playing through phone / iPad feel like cheating but makes you realized how many you didn’t see all those years.