1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Motorola/ Android (microphone issues)

Discussion in 'General' started by bergs, Aug 17, 2022.

1. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Phone is a Motorola Z4 on Android.

Microphone suddenly doesn't work for calls only. Happened out of the blue.

Microphone works when recording video. Bluetooth and aux jack both work for calls as well.

I went through as many of the Permissions as I could think of and everything appears to be set correctly.

Tried shutting it down for the evening and put it on the charger. No change at the time of this post.

Apps are updated. Only issue is the microphone isn't working with calls

2. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Motorola still makes phones? Who knew...

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'd start with the easy stuff like powering it off/on and/or a full reset. Beyond that I'd think the mic hardware is shot........not familiar with that model and if it has multpile mics that would explain why video recording works but normal calls don't.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Iphone

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Factory reset ?

6. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I love my Motorola, but yea. I've had to factory reset 2x since I've owned it :(
    Funny this comes up because I did it LAST NIGHT because my texts wouldn't let me see pix.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I've become a fan of Motorola phones. I just bought the new Edge+ 2022. I think this is my third Moto in the past five years.

I've never had an issue where I had to perform a reset.

You guys must be installing/downloading some funky stuff.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they're that great why 3 in just five years? :crackup:

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Because I can upgrade to a newer device for near nothing. Faster cpu, more storage, etc. For example, my newest has wireless charging. Though I don't use it right now, if I find a wireless charger at a great price, I'll buy one.