1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

That's definitely what happened. Kid deserves to be made whole though. If he's at the end of his career, I hope he takes some legal action. God knows he's not getting another ride anywhere else. The factories tend to stick together.

stk0308 and 5axis like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, they seemed a bit hesitant between "never" and "long time ago." My point was that it probably hasn't been done for a reason, as I'm sure they all know that there are bikes in there that are not supposed to be entered at that level.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the interesting tidbit... there was an AMA offical present when he was alone with the promoter/Deegan. In the US... minors cant enter into contracts. Seems like the Canadian dealer the rider got his bikes from was the one who had the issue... again regardless a parent or guardian should have been there to backstop.

4. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Mile Alessi had a bike claimed years ago. Some kid claimed a Honda 150 a few years ago but dropped it because Geico Honda was up front with him that he would get at most 10hrs out of the motor before it went bang and it had custom parts that he couldn’t get without spending lots of $$ with a machinist. They aren’t cheater bikes, it’s a mod class (think superbike). They are more than welcome to show up with a works bike, but the rule states they can also lose that works bike for double the MSRP.

Scuba Steve and HPPT like this.
  5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

This
    The AMA should clarify the claiming procedure to state if the rider is a minor the parent has to be there!
    ASAP the AMA should put out a bulletin stating the claiming rule will be enforced in the future and all involved must act in a professional manor or be fined.
    Then they should have a meeting with all of the OEMs and tell them to grow up, we won't put up with this shit in the future and remember this is amateur racing!

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I get the nuance that they are legal for the class but strongly discouraged by way of a claiming rule. But if manufacturers are willing to enter them, they should be willing to lose them.

In a way, it's kind of like the saying that you shouldn't race something that you can't afford to throw in the trash bin on your way back home.

Boman Forklift, cbush, dobr24 and 6 others like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

One common thread I noticed through out this entire ordeal is the people who are stating the loudest that Brennon should not claim the bike because nothing good ever comes from it, that he will upset a lot of peeps, that he will be blacklisted etc, are for the most part, the exact same people who are making it miserable, threatening, and doing the blacklisting.

Nothing like making ones own statements become true from ones own actions.
    Yes it’s a terrible experience because you are making it a terrible experience.

cbush, 5axis and backbone like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah possibly but I think the kid getting a ride or not is influenced more by his own riding abilities. If he is riding at the level of the next Ricky Carmichael, no doubt he would obtain a ride. But to your point, he didn’t do himself any favors with the hierarchy.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Hence the engine rules in some orgs. You get so many engines per season. You can build a 2 lap qualifying wonder but when you run out of them you are done for the season.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It all comes down to this if he's fast everyone will want him regardless of this thing. And if he's so so then no unless he brings money in he won't get a super ride.

11. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Also rule should have a no take back policy - ie: Once money is handed over there is zero backing out. You can leave the bike with the team, in a ditch, no one cares... but your money is gone.

If the kid was quicker on his feet in those meetings he should said "I'll sell the bike back to you, make me an offer I can't refuse. And by the way sing this NDA covering any conversations we've had, any deals made etc. "

dtalbott, stk0308 and G 97 like this.
  12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

To me it seems like the dealer just got scared of backlash from Yamaha and told Brennen a made up story about someone from Yamaha saying he would be dropped from the brand to try to place the blame on Yamaha and not that he just didn't want to ruffle their feathers. I think its reasonable that the dealer would get nervous about something like this but that little lie has blown everything up. I totally think he should have just gotten the bike but I think the core issue the dealer is the one that made him drop the claim and didn't think the lie would get out. A ton of other stupid things happened that shouldn't have happened but I am betting this is the main issue.

G 97 likes this.
  13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

5axis and G 97 like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Isn't that what they constructively did?

5axis likes this.
  15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

They never said 'no' to the AMA, just asked about how to deal with their race the next day. They bellyached to ERRYBODY ELSE though.

16. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's why I said constructively. They took other actions which had the same net effect as saying no to the AMA without saying no to the AMA.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Deegan is a low life piece of shit. I was standing next to him and the rest of metal Mulisha in 2002 I believe at the Daytona Supercross. Pastrana was so hot he literally passed out mid jump in front of us and these guys couldn’t stop laughing at him. Fucking disgusting. I realized then that they were a joke.

backbone, brex and MELK-MAN like this.