1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't think that even the BCS fanbois are interested in that.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is anyone else rethinking their stance on Jimmy's late brother in light of the past three weeks or so? :D

3. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Yes and no. He may have been right, but he was still a jerk.

One question I find myself asking - was Jimmy going to turn out this way regardless of whether his brother was supportive or dismissive, or did his brother's actions push him even further in this direction?

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don’t think he would’ve if his brother were supportive, but if the only thing keeping you on the straight and narrow is someone else’s approval then you have deeper issues.

Chuck was an asshole, but had excellent reasons to not trust Jimmy. Jimmy also went ahead and proved Chuck completely right.

If you recall the Davis & Main story, Jimmy had everything he could’ve wanted and he went and blew it up because of his nature. He had the good corporate lawyer job, a central role in an immense civil case, was making great money, and was banging Kim’s sexy ass every night. They even took pains to show the light switch that said “do not touch” and how he couldn’t resist flipping it.

In time, he would’ve been legitimately rich and his native brilliance would’ve won him the respect he so deeply wanted. He just had to flip the metaphorical light switch and fuck it all up though.

This was even before Chuck’s death and the whole debacle of losing his license.

I believe they created that story to show that Jimmy deliberately chose his path because of who he was, rather than being forced into his life as a victim of circumstance.

So would he have turned out different? Who knows, but he had absolutely everything and fucked it up.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    bwhip likes this.
  5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just rewatched the episode.
    First off, I have to say that I worked in Palm Springs installing cable ,internet & phone. So my Gaydar is pretty good. I did not find the conversation to b e on the gay side. Looks like he was a manager or something that knew Gus from being a good customer. So they were discussing wine & vineyards. Guess it's just me as while I was doing some searching, several LGBTQ articles came up . Oh well.
    I'm hoping tonight has a good ending.

6. SGVRider

They might have something interesting to say in 10-20 years, but other than that it should be left alone. The creators said they aren’t interested in continuing either. By the time it would be creatively appropriate to revisit this world, the actors will have aged out and so will Peter & Vince if they’re alive.

My prediction is that Jimmy ends up in prison, probably for life or damned near. He may turn state’s evidence to secure a better deal, or to protect Kim from prosecution. He’ll probably escape being nabbed by Omaha police and turn himself in on his own terms in Albuquerque. His last meeting with Kim will be from behind a glass wall in the visiting room.

He’ll be represented by Bill Oakley, who represents his old pal for the cachet as he’s now taken Saul’s old position as the bus stop lawyer.

Final scene will be either his death in prison from old age, or being released 40 years hence. They might give us a montage of the years, with the death of Kim and other significant events being interspersed.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bring on the Salamanca spin-off!

8. auminer

I am fully expecting them to muck about for 59 minutes doing dickall and then roll credits as if the writers ran out of ink.

They certainly ran out of creativity the day Walt got shot.

9. SGVRider

The show is a prequel, primarily about how 1 character became the person he was in the originating series. The destination was always predetermined, and by its nature it was never going to be as viscerally exciting as Breaking Bad. They’ve introduced several original characters and had them go through complete character arcs that ended in dramatic fashion.

I’d argue the show really ended in 6x09 and we should think of these last episodes as a mini series that’s wrapping up the universe.

It’s just a different type of show than Breaking Bad. Has the plot been slow to move at times and it felt like nothing was happening? Definitely. I think we got payoff though. It’s been a technical masterpiece and the actors have done phenomenal jobs. The cinematography of the Southwest alone is worth watching the show for.

I think the Breaking Bad universe should end here, but hopefully they’ll do something else with a similar look.

bwhip likes this.
  10. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And there it is...

G Dawg likes this.
  11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Pretty fucking close so far

rd400racer and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  12. auminer

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nicely done .

elevenn7 and bwhip like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, that took another left turn. Between the moment he held up a telephone cord in front of Carole Burnett and the way he lit his deal with the government on fire, I almost experienced whiplash.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like that also only goes back to episode 8. I guess I'll just set the DVR to record and hope they re-air the whole season.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I just looked . Only way I could find is to buy E1-5 @$2.99 each .
    Might change in a few months.

17. ChemCal2

ChemCal2 Member

I use Sflix.to to watch shows (no pop-ups and it is streaming). Link to the latest season of Better Call Saul: (https://sflix.to/tv/free-better-call-saul-hd-39372). It isn't a torrent or anything sketchy like that.

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He should've taken Carole out. It was nice to see Kim with her blonde hair and smiling in the fan appreciation talk after the show. I wonder if Bob wears those shiny suits off stage?

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I was/am kinda hoping for a epilogue that would show the ABQ underworld moving right along with addicts still getting and lawyers still lying.

The song remains the same.

20. SGVRider

That might be something with value. One advantage they have is that the timeline ended in 2010. If they wait 10 years they can have an epilogue set 22 years after the main events.

5axis likes this.