1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Fuck Yamaha if they pulled that kids bike. I will never buy another Yamaha if it turns out to be true.

backbone likes this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well I don't have to be quite as dramatic. I'll just continue to not buy their products.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

What a shit show.

*Note* the kid was well spoken, assertive and very mature for being 17.

5axis likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Not dramatic, dramatic would be burning my current pile of Yamahas. As a consumer of motorcycles I am going to buy from companies that have ethics which I feel align with my own. That's my choice and how I choose to spend my hard earned dollar.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D :D

8. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

One thing will be all but guaranteed after this…nobody will dare show up to Loretta’s with a factory bike again. The rule should also be amended that once the claim has been made you can’t take it back.

dobr24 likes this.
  9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Claimant needs to remain anonymous unless he/she/they choose otherwise. Problem solved. Then crying about losing your "claimed" bike becomes sour grapes. You knew the rules and chose to bring a $40k bike to a race where you only were going to get $17k if it got claimed, no sympathy here for being stupid and 100% the way this should have gone down. Makes no difference about whether they previously had bad blood or not between themselves.

Gino230, cbush, backbone and 2 others like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't see how they can keep that secret. At some point, the bike has to leave the truck with the new owner.

stk0308 and 5axis like this.
  11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hard earned? I heard you sit in the office and cash checks all day!

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

this is nowhere even close to over. Ski

Gino230 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Brennan Schofields motorbuilder... Derrick Harris HP Race Development

MELK-MAN likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

don't have any dog in this fight, but saw the video interview of Brennan Shoefield with his view on what happened. Sure sounded like the kid claiming the bike was 100% within the rules, and pretty sad that Yamaha has a guy threatening that kids Canadian shop sponsor, and giving him a real hard time behind closed doors..
    edit: goes without sayin though, the TRUTH lies somewhere in between all the stories about this topic that are out there. And there are a LOT of opinions, from some respected people out there.

shady stuff on everyone's part but the kid that tried claiming the bike. Yamaha was caught with their dic* in the vice having given Deegan a bike with so much wammy-jammy. Doubt it was a cheater bike (don't know) but sounds reasonable they were super pissed their development was gonna be out there.

And what's insane.. it was a "B" class race ! Now i get that it was nearly pro level, and as Brennan said, Deegan would likely win no matter what, but almost funny this was NOT a pro-rank class..
    Just saw this vid from David Pingree and Grant langston giving their views on it.. was worth the 5 min or so https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChQ1SUrr7JL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  15. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I always thought Grant Langston was a cool guy. That video just reinforces my feelings.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

B class is big money these days. Kids are making more money than some pros.
    You should see the mx forum I’m on the thread there is nuts.
    You’ll see Deegan race the last 2 pro nationals. He’s already bumped up to A

MELK-MAN likes this.
  18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Not so fast, I raced in N In years ago against a guy that ran the age classes at LL. He was supported by Suzuki and had stuff on his bike that you couldn’t buy. It also had no bearing on him kicking my ass all over the track..

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

The guy on the far right in black is spot on. The guy in the middle in grey shirt and black hat is a complete idiot, such a fucking idiot. And the Yamaha ball rubbing continues and yes the fat fuck behind the mic is certainly not objective with his leading questioning, such a ball rubber. Like Yamaha doesn’t have any say in the matter. Just another blow hard.
    And Donnie Luce is a complete POS, he’s the man in charge, he green lighted this entire ordeal don’t kid yourselves. He’s a complete liar POS.
    Fuck him. Fuck Yamaha.

Hey Donnie if you actually really cared HONOR THE CLAIM.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    cbush and spoon32 like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

And?