1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

The difference in this case is that Star Racing is a Factory supported team and not the Yamaha factory or the Yamaha company itself. American Yamaha can sever ties with Star Racing and provide support to another race team if they want. I would also guess that the actual Yamaha Factory had nothing to do with this event.

The critical part concerning American Yamaha is, how high up in the chain of command did this go. My guess is it didn’t go any further than the Yamaha company guy Donnie Luce. I would also suspect he’ll be brushing up his resume by the end of August.

Dragginass and 5axis like this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

if they're amending rules, one should be, the claimant is ANONYMOUS. it is no ones business who, or why they are claiming the bike. if you dont want something out in the public, dont bring it to a claimed race. END THREAD! Ski

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Only thing American Yamaha will do is help keep this kid blackballed.

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

How fast do you have to be, realistically, to enter the amateur race at Loretta's? I assume it's akin to a WERA Grand National, where there's a mix of everything from pro riders to "the fast novices might catch me" guys? Or is it more like a MotoAmerica round - where in order to even qualify you have to be capable, or near thereabouts, of winning a regional expert money class?

If it's not insanely hard to qualify for Loretta's (or whatever other claiming-rule rounds there are) then I bet there are plenty of us here who a) don't give a shit about a career in MX and b) have the money to claim Star bikes. We could make em race stock bikes for the rest of the season lol.

5. Matt kamman

Matt kamman Member

You have to qualify. It’s the best of the best. Everyone in the B class are flying

G 97 likes this.
  6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Mad Brad?

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And that's the upshot of all claiming rules. It's a quick way to kill your future. Because most things worth claiming, come out of factory, or factory supported, teams. Factory's don't forget losing items they don't want to lose in such ways. And it's understood it's career suicide to claim. The rule is neutered because there are no ways to protect the claimer from being blackballed.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I would be hard pressed to believe anyone on the bbs could qualify, no way. It’s a season long deal and they are the best of the best in of the amateur ranks . It’s a huge deal. It’s huge young talent.

Gino230 likes this.
  9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

this.

To get to the LL races you have to win or place in the top 2 or 3 in a reginal qualifier (I don't know exactly it's been a couple of years since I had been around the LL races). For many people and families this is the make it or break it time for the kids as they are getting older. There are more and more "factory" teams picking up kids that are younger and younger every year to have a stream of riders for the factory teams.

when I say "factory" teams, a lot of teams are supported by the factory but are run "independently", but have a lot of oversight by the factory in some bases. Team Green vs Pro Circuit Kawasaki, Star Yamaha, etc.

If you knew it was the end of your career or you weren't going to make it to the next level, it would be interesting to claim a few bikes, but as mentioned it would pretty much end your career of much factory support.

It's a tough call but IMHO if they can keep the unobtainium bikes out of the LL races that would be the best for everyone. The LL races were supposed to be a showcase of who can ride and should get a ride into the next level (pro MX/SX).

kevinr, jksoft and Gino230 like this.
  10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Sure they could. I see plenty of local "hot shots" who qualify every year in the age groups, as well as kids whose parents are just sure Junior will be the second coming of (whoever superstar). Sure, those gates are better than any you'll race regionally, but there are quite a few who "qualify" because the actual regional winners couldn't make the trip. Being a Loretta's badass has never been a guarantee of professional success. We've been hearing 'This is the next Ricky Carmichael" for just as long as we've heard "This is going to be the next Michael Jordan".
    But it's always been a great vacation spot for creating fantastic life memories.

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

People saying no one here could qualify firstly they don't realize some of the people that are members or lurkers here...
    But most importantly it seems they don't realize there are tons of classes at LL from 50cc pw class to a 50+ class.

Stumpy and Scuba Steve like this.
  12. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I raced LL twice in my teenaged years (1999/ 2000). It's the reason I took up road racing. :D Working that hard to finish 25th made me realize I reached the pinnacle of my moto career. Turns out I'm a better road racer but not by much! :crackup:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes but we are specifically talking about qualifying for the same class that Deegan and Schofield were in. I didn’t think there are any 12-17 YO top level amateur MX racers hanging out on the BBS, I could be wrong but I just don’t see it.
    Never mind the top teams aren’t going to field an unobtainium bike in any senior or older age class. So even if someone on here may qualify, which I doubt, there would be nothing on the unobtainable bike to claim anyway.
    Hey @MELK-MAN what’s your take?

MELK-MAN and stk0308 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sweet, now if we only had a time machine we could submit a claim. :D

Boman Forklift and DDK732 like this.
  15. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Top 6 from each regional except NW, SW and MW they only take 4. Since fast guys usually race more than 1 region they let alternates register and fill extra spots.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

lol
    Brian Emig won my class and back then the claiming rule was only the cost of the bike plus something like 40%. That'd be a hell of a deal!

What's funny about all of this claiming rule controversy is that most of the top riders aren't on anything crazy special. I know Ryder Ds Kawi is just a customer spec Pro Circuit bike and you could build your own for less than the claiming rules fee.

Why Star would build Deegan anything more than a customer spec bike for LL is beyond me. The way they handled it is even worse.

17. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

I qualified from regionals twice only to crash at Dade city practice night and need surgery both times. After that I just raced tracks I liked and then did the same thing you did...SVs!

MELK-MAN and DDK732 like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This probably repeats some of what's in a video posted on the previous page, which I have not watched. Unless this one was made first. Anyway…

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

This all just proves that good pr people are worth the money

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

backmarkerds.png