1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dave K! No, up here, look up fella.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Been listening to the Sex Pistols live sets most of the morning.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ya wanker.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Her name was Pauline

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Did she send the letters from the country?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Steve Jones is a way under rated guitarist.

Steeltoe and britx303 like this.
  6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Aren't most of them now dead?

[​IMG]

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, just the stupid one (who wasn’t on the album) and the scam artist that “managed” them. The OG pistols are all still alive.

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Same with Cook on drums IMHO. He never gets mentioned in top drummer or at least highly influential drummer conversations and it’s a shame. I’m even guilty of not bringing him up in a drummer thread from a few years back, and I’m a drummer and longtime fan. Cook is top notch for a good beat

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

When are the nuptials?

10. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

She was an animal.
    She was a bloody disgrace.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I wish I could find the article for you, ‘toe but it goes into a comparison of RHCP and Fishbone and ends up basically saying the Peppers ripped them off. Blah blah blah, Fishbone was better musically, better songs (as a whole) and the fans were just not ready for that style played by black musicians.

I thought bullshit but the longer I’ve thought about it the more I agree (as a whole, maybe not with every argument) with it.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Fishbone was always a great show. Haven't seen them since the mid 90's though.

13. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

OK, now I gotta listen to some Fishbone! And yes, Jones and Cook really were much better than many gave them credit for. Sid was only exploited for the show. Wasn't it Matlock that played on all of their albums?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, it’s been reported that Jones actually played the bass also on the albums but, Yeap, Matlock.