1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racers will complain about anything

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Aug 12, 2022.

?

Is there a real advantage ?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2022.
  1. Sour grapes

65.0%
  2. Real advantage

35.0%
  1. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I thought motoamerica already had rules prohibiting riders on a track like a few weeks before the actual ma race?
    The track to be raced of course. Like barber before the barber round.

Is that not a rule?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Daniel06 likes this.
  3. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

Daaaang. So 30 days prior to an event. That seems excessive. But I don't make the rules. If I was in ma, I'd be racing the endurance races for seat time and setup since it's not restricted. Rules allow it. It's not unfair for someone to obey the rules.

Thanks for the quick link turbo. I thought I had read that before.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And they'll know that going into it all rather than expecting everyone to be pretty close to their level.

5. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Yup, and specifically made clear as below. MotoA even sent out an email also clearly noting the same, so apparently some other teams questioned it...

1.18.2 Race restrictions

a. Participation in AMA-sanctioned race events may take place at a circuit hosting a championship event up to seven (7) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue. Participation in non-AMA-sanctioned race events may only take place up to thirty (30) days preceding the first official practice day at that venue. Endurance race participation is not restricted.

SundaySocial and TurboBlew like this.
  6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I recall a race team having school sessions on Thursdays directly before AMA races. For some reason, they were never on the Monday afterwards...

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its sort of a dumb rule. If its a school or trackday, its pretty much impossible to get in laps at 100% racing speed. If you can't do race pace, ie, you're a second or more off of your potential qualifying lap, is it really beneficial? Is the data any good?

Snake Charmer likes this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

For sure...I went to a team Hammer/Reduc "trackday" on Thursday before Formula USA race at Pocono in 2000. John Hopkins was my instructor. Actually saw him for about 20 seconds before he left me in the dust......

A. Barrister likes this.
  9. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The MotoA rule seems kind of silly, because it was clearly written to prevent top teams from participating in testing right before a round- it doesn't allow sprint racing, but there is this loophole for endurance. Which has now been blown open to include Endurance "practice" sessions.

IIRC, there was a restriction based on points or finishing history which would have kept top riders from participating, but let the back markers have their fun. When I'm king, I'll fix all this shit.

10. I’m waiting to hear about Petru complaining to Mongo about some BS and Mongo responding “what does that have to do with pie?” And him walking away thinking something was lost in translation :)
    Be safe out there boys and girls.

5axis and Motofun352 like this.
  11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

upload_2022-8-13_14-19-28.jpeg

Gino230 likes this.
  12. Looks like a pretty good battle for top 3, damn close after 50 min.

13. Not the same as running at full steam but you sure do learn a lot more sq ft of the pavement :) Fast people will always adjust, I was never fast but relative fast for me always got messed up from track day vs racing. I wasn’t good enough and mentally adjusting my perception of speed quick enough.

14. Irate

Irate Member

Is there somewhere to watch this?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Couldn’t watch last hour and change but looked like a pretty smooth race? Guys out front were hauling the mail and back to the Trey Batey shit how they run such consistent lap times with traffic every lap is truly amazing.