1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Pulp discussed it a few mins with various industry people including Weege...
    Vital may have posted a few words...
    JS7 didnt think much of it either.
    The biggest eye opener was the amount of cash being carried. And the Ranch has the same amount of racers as always BUT needed 4x the amount of pit space because of the sizes of all the Amatuer rigs.

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

And the last part is the issue to me, I'm fine with the competition that's showing up but not the factory support level and rigs, it's quickly becoming one of the biggest events in the country which is good but they aren't ready for it obviously, the pit issues are out of control hell a girl got seriously injured playing in the river this year and last I read was paralyzed.

3. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

A gazillion years ago Cycle got its hands on a claimed Honda or Yamaha factory bike. MX, think it was a 250. Anyway did a dyno and teardown and conclusion was even tho' it was made of unobtainium and full of trick internals, it weighed and made about the same power as a well tweaked stocker.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

What ended up happening to the privateer who claimed Scott Parker's XR750 because he said he couldn't get parts for his bike, and this was the only way he could think of doing so? I remember that H-D immediately had Parker claim Chris Carr's bike to make sure it wasn't vulnerable to claiming for the rest of the year.

5. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Thank ya sir , long story short after the boy broke his arm (a 10 day induced coma after a nasty head slap the year before ) trying to keep up with the faster kids it became apparent we were plenty fast but not Zack Osborne fast and a host of other talented kids fast , but what broke the camels back for me was a parent whom i knew rather well really yelled his son down for not clearing a 60 foot double that in no way could his lard ass do himself nor me and the boy asked me to show them how its done and i didnt have nothing cept a stammer and my excuse about a loose chain on my 250 . We did a few local races and then college and girls clouded his peripheral thank goodness and now i am a grand father and all is well in whooville . * now i get to buckett list with my low budgett race plans yeppers *

6. Buell1965

will do just to see what kind of fella i was mistaken for lol

lightning97 and socalrider like this.
  7. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

"quickly"?? Its been nothing but giant RV's and trailers for decades. Newsflash, racing is expensive haha!

It is super sad about the little girl, I think someone jumped on her from the bridge above.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I know but this seems another level the least few years

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

grab some popcorn and a drink before you sit down, its a trainwreck.

10. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

maybe if Deegan just showed up on an amateur bike no drama but instead Star Yamaha brought a full factory bike and was shocked when a claim was made, then they intimidated a 16yr old kid and forced him to back out of the claim..

11. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If only they had :rtfrb:.

12. Spooner

All the top factory supported riders are on essentially factory bikes at these races. Most of the teams run a lower spec motor on the amateur bikes but I could see them running the full snort bikes for Loretta's. I know a lot of these kids that run the nationals after LL's say that when they finally get on the full power bikes they are shocked how much faster they are.

13. Spooner

Wow, this is pretty crazy. Here is the interview of the kid that claimed it.

Suzuka_joe, G2G, Slider82 and 4 others like this.
  14. Buell1965

I reviewed the first 18 pages and didnt see it , any idea the approximate time frame and or page . Thanks

15. Buell1965

Found it right under my nose . Duhh

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

That kid is impressive. The adults, not so much.

backbone, SirCrashAlot and G 97 like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah the kid is spot on. Yet another pod cast expert who qualifies each and every comment he makes about Yamaha and Brian Deegan. Is everyone in the MX media simply ball rubbers for Deegan / manufacturers? No doubt in my mind Deegan was well aware of the complete build of said bike. I love how both of these pod cast dorks cover for him. So much for objectivity. Oh and shame on the kids Dad for seemingly not standing behind his son, he should have never given the bike back.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    cbush likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He lost me at "I never read the rule book."

19. Spooner

One thing to note, Star Yamaha didn’t cheat. It’s a mod class so they can run a motor in the bike, they were just idiots and likely were running the full bonkers motor and not the amateur program motor. I’ve heard they were doing it to get him used to the bike before he raced the last few nationals but it’s still epically stupid on their part. Haiden ran a normal mod motor the next day and still waxed everyone so it’s not like he even needed it.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Making one excuse after another while completely ignoring the validity of the claiming rule. I guess as long as all the MX ball rubbers keep anointing him, he’s absolved of any responsibility in the matter. But by all means keep up the incestuous relationships.