1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racers will complain about anything

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Aug 12, 2022.

?

Is there a real advantage ?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2022.
  1. Sour grapes

65.0%
  2. Real advantage

35.0%
  1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Is an unfair advantage gained (Endurance racing!) at a track prior to a national event?

Seems like a leveling of the field for those that are not familiar with the track, with those that are.

Does not apply to the professional classes ...

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I'm not a professional, but to me it seems an advantage. Track time is track time.

stk0308 and Jedb like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Of course there is an advantage. I don't see how it's unfair unless the rules forbid it.

tophyr likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...but not unfair. I awlays tried to find a track day prior to the race weekend.

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Racers are a bunch of bitchy entitled little babies in general.

JBraun likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There's absolutely an advantage. It's not unfair if everyone can do it.

Legitimate club racers who dedicated time, money and resources to support and chasing the series may be justified in not liking it, though.

The "classy" thing to do in the past was to get all the data, run the race, and then pull off without taking the checkered. But I'm sure the tire company sponsoring the series wants one of the ringer teams to keep the money in house.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What are we whining about? :D

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why we don’t use the term “whinging” instead. :D

Steeltoe and fastfreddie like this.
  9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The unfair advantages of people getting more seat time, having better equipment and more talent. All the usual things.

MyWayGuy likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

STFU and race.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember the pros in club races debate here and a poster who runs a very high level program for like 40 years posting to the effect that he is there to race and race to win and would not be thrilled if his rider(s) pulled off on the last lap.
    This is paraphrased since it was 10 or 20 years ago and I don’t want to say what he posted exactly since I just remember the jist and not the exact.

418, Circacee and G 97 like this.
  12. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

It's an advantage anytime you can get more track time. It's not an unfair advantage in my book. If you have the resources to get to a track the weekend before and do a track day or race, why would you not do that. Practice is practice. I understand at a professional (motoamerica) level limiting time at a track within a certain window of race day, but at an amateur level (wera) there's nothing unfair.
    In WERA we're all trying to get better to perhaps race at a higher level. That's the point. If someone has the resources to ride all the time, good for them.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

The larger advantage would be gained by being able to use the same bike for set up purposes etc. For the most part the riders skill level and ability is already set. Sure it’s an advantage but it’s afforded to everyone. Good for the ones taking advantage and what was mentioned earlier - pretty cool experience for some riders to be on track with a few pro level riders as it makes for some good bench racing stories. I know I have a bunch.

Scout, 5axis and 418 like this.
  14. If the rules are the same for everyone you are taking advantage of the rules, it’s not an unfair advantage. If you or your team doesn’t have the budget to do it then you need to be more prepared financially to get all the training and track time you need to be successful. Cannot blame “pro” riders for using rules to their advantage. People will bitch about anything. STFU and race.

Daniel06 and TurboBlew like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

An advantage for whom?
    I think WERA is the only 1 with any advantage here... more entries.

TLR67 likes this.
  16. That used to happen quite often back in the day but the financial situation of the teams and riders was also vastly different. I’m curious why the smaller teams would bitch though, they sure don’t seem to care when a lot of one off teams of novices fill up the grid enough so contingency pays out. Just elaborating on your statement, not directing my comments at you.

17. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i think the spirit of the question ( i could be reading it wrong) is do pro teams gain an advantage running the endurance race before a national versus pro teams that dont run the endurance race. and yes, WERA does well which is just awesome. :beer:

SundaySocial and TurboBlew like this.
  18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Who’s bitching??

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

theres the future for endurance... schedule the weekend before MotoA. :)

20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It could also be a risk. Look at that practice session where Herrin hit the back of another rider who missed a gear. There will be a myriad of skill levels out there as rolling chicanes.