1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F..k the wedding photographer just cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

She cancelled because her mother-in-law is critically ill and she needs to support her husband. I guess I’m a jerk, but my first thought was, c’mon it isn’t your parent, it is an in law, and only a single day commitment for a wedding, which is kinda a big deal?

This photographer is amazing and was my daughters first pick, and most important vendor pick, for the entire wedding process. She was picked before the venue, singer, DJ, etc.

A bit tough around here right now. My wife just helped put her dad into hospice for brain cancer last week, and my wife is trying to hold it together and stay positive for the wedding too.

Last week my wife had good and tough days with her dad, but yesterday he became unresponsive, so she asked her siblings to wait until Saturday evening for anymore updates, as it was just hurting too much.

So now the “B roll” photographer moved to “A roll” and my daughter just saw a post on social media. Emergency we need another photographer, please reach out.

I know in the entire scheme of life this is minor, but right now this is critical for my girls.

Dang, I still need to write my speech.

cav115 and SuddenBraking like this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

See if the original has any suggestions.

matt2491 likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, I always hated weddings and that was just being invited to them. I can't imagine doing with his level of stress, from the most serious to the most trivial. Good luck, my man. I hope everything works out.

Photo, Senna, Sweatypants and 3 others like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

They are working on it. I just popped a beer and started cleaning the garage. Lolol

Wingnut and HPPT like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just tell her that, after about a year, no one ever looks at the pics.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

How's the Ranger?

Too late for the couple to elope?

R Acree likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

The Ranger is excellent. It ended up being a bad CHT sensor. I had to splice in a new one, as the plug/sensor was changed and they didn’t make it plug and play.

I learned a lot in the process and bought a cool scanner. Lol

Yea eloping would suck at this point. My wife and I have already spent most the money to have this excellent party.

Im sorry this happened, but I’m really looking forward to partying with everyone. Woooo Hoooo!!!

cav115, beac83 and YamahaRick like this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

There must be an available wedding photo guy in SoCal.
    Good luck to you as this must be a drag.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. jimmyboost

jimmyboost one buck a boom

https://jonas-seaman.com/

This was our wedding photographer. He's Seattle based but travels and was awesome. Plus, he was in Children of the Corn as a child actor :D. He is pricey, but well worth it and helped us out on relatively short notice.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

When and where? I just got married last month and my photographer was fucking AWESOME.

Give him a call, worth a shot. https://www.alantephotography.com/

Also Seattle based, however.

11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Wasn’t @bwhip a photographer? The pics he takes are pretty great. But I’m not sure if he’s too far or not.

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hang in there, my daughter is getting married October 8th so I have a good idea what you're going through. I keep telling myself, this too will pass.

Boman Forklift and cav115 like this.
  13. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I shoot weddings on the side, don't cheap out if you want someone good. (everyone with a DSLR is a photographer these days) They need to have at least 2 people shooting to cover all bases and expect around 500-1000 edited pics. In souther Cali I'd imagine anyone good would start around 5K for 6-8 hours.

tophyr likes this.
  14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Sorry I have no solution for you but this is why me and my wife did a destination wedding where they give you a couple choices on each thing that takes like 2 hours to fill out and they take care of the rest. we both didn't wanna put ourselves thru this shit and keep it low stress. people freak out about weddings and put so much pressure on themselves when it really should just be a day to enjoy each other. hopefully you get squared away.

15. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Good luck Rob, I can't help with any advice but I hope everything gets sorted and your daughter is happy on her special day. Fingers crossed for you and the family.

beac83, Boman Forklift and cav115 like this.
  16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The first step to supporting your daughter through her wedding is this:

Throw out any and all rational thought processing.

What I wanted to do at my wedding was offer the couple with the best 3dited photos of our wedding 500$ but my wife shot it down.

She picked 2 professionals, then fired them.....

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Just ask the guests to take lots of pictures with their phones and send the pics to one email address.

Should be able to get enough good pics that way, and everyone at the wedding has a memory.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rob I will do it in trade for a race ready Ninja 400. I always got your back buddy.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

See if this guy is local to you (as seen in another thread):

[​IMG]

20. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear all that you are going through, Rob. Is the wedding in SoCal? My wife used to take alot of photog classes, photo walks, etc when we were out there. Let me see if she knows anyone out there that does weddings.

Edit: First one she could think of is goldenarrowphoto.com

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022