1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one ever purchased for alibaba?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Aug 10, 2022.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody ever purchase for them and how do you do it and be protected?

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I bought some handlebar switches off Alibaba a couple weeks ago actually, and they just arrived yesterday. I paid with PayPal. No chance I was giving AB my credit card info, although tbh they're a big enough site that they're almost certainly reputable wrt payment processing - they'd have a lot to lose if Visa cut them off.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

i've bought a few things from AliExpress, not sure if same thing. just know that if things go sideways, they will go with the seller.

I forgot what I purchased but never received it. I disputed the transaction with AE, and the seller showed a delivered tracking number to VA, from someone else. AE said look it was delivered. I was like that's VA, I'm in NJ. They are like it was delivered, so no refund. Also, customer service takes forever to ever get back to you

That was the last time I bought something from there.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    KneeDragger_c69 and motion like this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I shouldn't be concerned with what people do with their money, but doing business with the Chinese government seems a bit unpatriotic.

jksoft, sdg, 10-15 and 7 others like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm sure you posted this on your American made phone with American made parts?

DJ Baker, Wingnut, backbone and 4 others like this.
  6. assjuice cyrus

O, I get it. I'm only considering it as an option for a possible xmas gift that I cant locate one in the states.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I am happy to support American-made products but I am not happy to have an American company take the same china product and sell it to me for 3-4times as much as they bought it for. i"ll just go to the source.

8. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

lol maybe you should ask on tik-tok

StaccatoFan and assjuice cyrus like this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I've bought a fair amount of parts for my GSA from them. Needed a new headlight, over $500 from the typical aftermarket, but $200 from Ali and I got it within a week. Fit perfectly and after 2 years still working great. (and I bought some stock in the company)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Alibaba?? Just the name makes me wary.

11. assjuice cyrus

I knew yo ass was finna be all up in here......

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That's obvious but fair. We're all hypocrites under enough magnification.

The idealist eschews convention in favor of principle at his detriment. The realist does his best within reason. There's a large gap between the two, and I think we'd be better off if we leaned a but more toward the latter. Just my humble appeal.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I was looking to pick up a few mountain bike parts from there....was wondering how easy/secure the buying process with Ali was as well?

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Alibaba was OK, but those 40 thieves were a nuisance.

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We're always sourcing obsolete shit, been using 'Jauce' for a while.
    It's kinda like an Asian Amazon prepay service with multiple warehouses that let you buy from any Asian site (yahoo,ebay amazon etc).
    all is sent to one Jauce warehouse, then one box to you, great if your getting multiple things from different buyers/sites.
    saves a ton on shipping. You just have to prepay your account. https://www.jauce.com/

Phl218, ChemGuy and renegade17 like this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

can provide a second positive review for Jauce. Bought a few things from Japan thru them. No issues.

17. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I’ve spent probably $10k on there over 12-15 transactions. Nothing but spectacular service and products, especially for the pricing.

I have no idea what it was like to do business in the US in the 40’s/50’s/60’s but I imagine it was a lot like I’m experiencing on Alibaba.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hence the apprehension. :rolleyes:

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hence the comment. :rolleyes:

:moon:

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm going thru the same experience with a purchase currently.