1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D printing TPU parts

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Kevgentile, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Well-Known Member

Doing some work on my Alpinestars Race suit and found out Astars does not sell replacement parts for suits, specifically the external TPU parts. My shoulders have cracks in them and though still functional I would like to replace while I am having home removed to have some alterations performed on the sleeve/cuffs.

The shop suggested replacing with another brand (he has Mithos and appears to be the same layout), but I would like to keep it oem if possible.

I know nothing about 3D printing but thought that someone here might be well educated on the matter and possibly even capable of replicating these parts.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Cheers!

48BA5F63-C970-4086-AD92-D92CDE88CADB_1_201_a.jpeg

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I would think that using purpose designed and built parts from another brand would be a much "closer to OEM" option than using an unproven 3D printed part. And a lot more cost effective.

tophyr and sheepofblue like this.
  3. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Well-Known Member

Yeah, makes sense. I have no experience with the technology so was unaware of its limitations. I'll prob just keep the oem units on since they're still functional, and if need be then install the myths pieces.