1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Depot or Lowe's?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Aug 27, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Which one aligns with your political views

2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

yeah f*** self checkout lines too!
    All it is is another way for corporate America to add profits to their already deep pockets and put yet more people out of work....
    Corporate America is taking lessons from California anyway to take, take, and take more.
    But nobody does a thing.....? And it's too late...waaaay too late.
    Let's all congratulate Jeff Bezos for
    ( adding 50 billion dollars ) to his personal fortune in just 5 months ...all on the backs of everybody that's lost or is losing a brick and mortar buissness.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hmmm...
    Interesting question. I'll have to look into that, but I won't be allowed to tell you what I find. :D

notbostrom likes this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Sure you can! The deals almost completed and the new owner has agreed to reopen the dungeon and pardon anyone who has been banned.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Couldn’t possibly have anything to do with carbon-based wastes of oxygen demanding wages well beyond the skills they bring to the job?

Nah. Blame corporations. Requires much less critical thought.

StaccatoFan, backho and brex like this.
  6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

That far too broad a brush strokes...just saying.
    Just wait 10 years if ...we make that long.
    If the USSR can collapse so can America don't let anybody think that it cant.
    I'm as patriotic and red-blooded as the next dude.... The chickens coming home to roost and all the jobs giving way in and bottom Mason construction jobs giving away the low labor and the continued Exodus of companies to China and if it ain't China it's just another substitute country which... will continue.... I've been watching this happen for 40 years everything is going just as awful as we all thought it would......

pscook likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yep. When burger flippers demand 15 bucks an hour and dogshit scoopers make damn near twice that, it's time to automate!

If I could get a drone and scoop poop with it I'd save thousands!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

Will America go down?
    When dogshit flies... :D

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have no choice. Lowes is 5 minutes away.
    HD is 30

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

wait... with modern drone technology that time has arrived! :D

11. fastfreddie

So far, I thought they'd only figured out how to drop shit. :D

12. fastfreddie

HD for the win. :beer:

Lowe's had two in stock, they weren't on the shelves. Three employees and more than ten minutes later, they couldn't be found. :rolleyes:

HD?
    "Hey, where are your rototillers?"
    "In Garden. Go through those doors, take a right, go all the way to the end, they're on the left."
    Right on the shelf where they were supposed to be... :)

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Your Lows’ experience seems to have been the same as mine on several occasions when I was there

14. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Mine too. It used to be the opposite in my town, Lowe's was well managed and Home Depot was a waste of time. Over the last few years, Home Depot here has improved on staff training, accurate inventory, clean, and they've gone above and beyond for any issues on their end. Lowe's, on the other hand, is a mess. Inventory is never accurate, there's never anyone there to help, there are always lights out, product on the floor, and nothing where it should be. I avoid going there at all costs.

15. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Reviving an older thread,went to H D yesterday for 1/2 in. bolts.Every 1/2 in bolt was the same price 2.75 didn't matter the length, grade 3 5 or 8,each bolt 2.75, 3 grade
    8 washers 2.75,wtf?Sent corporate an email awaiting reply.So I went to lowes got 4 3in for 1.05 apiece and 8 washers for.25 each.Wish we had a menards.

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

My experience is that Hd's cs is much better than Lowes.

Knowledgeable employees or someone willing to try and help you is hard to find at My local Lowes.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Its so out of control with people deliberately under pricing self serve fasteners that the cashiers have a small binder to audit & have item #s. I watched a dude try to pass off $12 worth of hardware for $2.50. Then got all pissy & left while holding the line up over $9.50.
    Our local ACE at least has a "hardware" dept thats actively patrolled.
    They have a decent selection of simpson & hilti product in single quantities vs buying a whole box.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Tractor Supply sells hardware by the pound, doesn't matter if it's bolts, nuts or washers they just weigh it at the check out.

Phl218 and tl1098 like this.
  19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

This is interesting. I'm curious about your experience with Home Depot's "organization top to bottom." I'm also curious how Home Depot's "nauseating corporate mentality" is different from Lowes. Obviously you have had some experiences, presumably with both, that have resulted in this powerful emotion.

We need not clutter or divert this thread. Please PM me with a phone number or other info and I'll contact you to discuss away from here. I have significant, past, experience with Home Depot and I am genuinely interested.

Cheers,

Dave

20. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Here is the scale:

Lowes = Better organization, cleaner and better lighting. Caters mainly to the middle class suburban crowd. Housewives and guys in slacks picking up odds and ends to feel manly. Most expensive of the three for hardware/plumbing/building supplies
    HD = Dingy and scattered. Often times dusty inside. Caters to contractors and blue collar. Often times hardware items are a few cents cheaper than Lowes
    Menards = Harbor Freight of home improvement stores. Not a name brand in site. Cheap but for a reason as most items are not of super high quality. But you can purchase groceries, jeans and lumber. Caters to a Wall Mart type shopper. However best lumber selection of all three.

I go to Lowes for odds and ends, HD when buying any project supply's (concrete, plumbing, electrical ect) and Menards when I need lumber yard products. If its over a a few bucks I will cross check each and shop accordingly as all 3 are within a mile of each other.