1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Make yourselves comfortable

Attached Files:

Nick_OMC, StaccatoFan and tl1098 like this.
  2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Key Lime would be my choice tonight

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

It’s too late to invoke any level of rationale towards pie. @FastByKids is a self appointed idiot.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

And yet……
    :crackup:

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:crackup:

That’s awesome!!!

6. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

This is actually a interesting point. There was talk about engine claiming but it had went over my head. Last night I dug into and thought what a stellar idea. First race of the season everyone gets a seal on their engines. From what I'm hearing a true spec 400 engine will last a full season no issues.

$1000 dollar engine claiming rule would certainly make things interesting. This would keep the teams that can afford all the dyno time from gapping the others on a true privateer budget.

MA would have less headaches of dealing with protests. The dollar teams would think twice about how they would spend their money.

Some of you are phenomenal throwing around a mean wrench. As I'm looking at some of these pics, no way I would ever want to tear down to the crank. Much less have the time and added budget of reassembly.

The best case scenario out of this, we MIGHT actually see some R3's and KTM's on the grid again!

7. Boman Forklift

Haha!! Sounds like we lived similar lives other than you built a really successful bike business.

Don’t forget, you f..ked up, buttercup, so you are here sucking it up, and making it right, like you should. But you brought the drama to yourself, in dance it just happens when you get that many ladies together.

My wife taught me during that time how crazy women can really be. My wife isn’t crazy, so to hear the stories about some of the things the other moms would do was insane.

Dance at a super competitive studio with super competitive dancers that win nationals all over the US and Canada is hands down more drama versus this small amount of BS on here and Facebook.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  8. Boman Forklift

I wish I was around then. I’ve heard of the legend but I either didn’t pay attention, or he was going once I found this place.

5axis and voss555 like this.
  9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Claiming rules have their own disadvantages. If I buy your engine, what engine will you run? Do you get to go buy another sealed engine? Do we trade and you run mine? If you get to buy another one, presumably you have to buy it from a specific provider, which will likely be relatively expensive. If you get mine, I can effectively wreck my engine by neglecting maintenance and then forcing a trade by claiming yours. How long must you wait before claiming mine back? Can those rules be circumvented by having a third party immediately claim the engine I just claimed, and then you claim it from them?

I generally like claiming rules, but they often cause as many problems as they solve.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

You're just as bad as he is. @cBJr nailed it. I'm following this thread because I am interested in some of the actual racing topics here, but jesus tfc.. wading through the manure you guys are filling the room with has me questioning why I'm bothering.

ducrcr, SpeedyTide, periodic and 5 others like this.
  11. FastByKids

I’m looking at it from a perspective of making it unappealing for cubic dollar of dyno tuning.

If making the jump to MA with a claiming rule I’d definitely have a backup engine. Buying a very low mile theft recovery / totalled 400 has to be cheaper than the time and money spent on constant tear downs.

I was able to purchase two for the kids at a VERY reasonable price.

But that just my simplistic look at things.

12. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Do or do not. The fastest way to learn something is do. up to you

G 97 likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I propose we start a Jr. Cup travel lacrosse team. DaveK to coach.

Gino230 and 418 like this.
  14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

You must be able to get some real good deals if you can get them cheaper than the $0 most junior cup riders have spent on teardowns and engine builds.

You keep inviting people out to the Pitt WERA round. Come out to the Pitt MotoAmerica round, and see that the junior cup is full of stock bikes raced by kids being kids. There's really not that much to it. Some of those kids are better than the rest, so those kids win.

sheepofblue, Gino230, drop and 2 others like this.
  15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

No claiming rule , just seal all engines ,let people spend all day on the dyno if they like , Man it's a 400 class not Moto gp . If someone looks much faster you can then teardown and inspect. I'm sure the motors don't need refreshing every round. So very 3rd or fourth round let them rebuild and seal again. It's a friggin beginners class the idea is track time , learn how to work with a mechanic , learn how to thank sponsors and so on.
    When Bobby Fong first started I politely talked to his dad to not be such a big presence in the pit area or during the race weekend. He would show up at times but kept his distance. He was a great parent! Plus the pressure put on by alot of the teams are causing most of the dumb crashes and mistakes. The idea is to tech them to race !

backbone, R1Racer99 and 5axis like this.
  16. FastByKids

There is always a cost impact for tear downs and rebuilds much greater than zero. Just the number of man hours to do such is a cost. The cost of the knowledge to do such, etc. Myself I’d be more inclined to taking the engine out, giving it to tech and walking away than going all the to the crank. ESPECIALLY in a “spec” class. Then go find a theft recovery and plug it in.

The two potty mouths who keep dropping filthy words and personal attacks have been asked to stop. They didn’t, therefore they have personal invites to show their bravado.

Yes, we are always in for close to local MA rounds! To bad mid-o got chucked off the schedule. Sigh

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You think the Jr Cup racers would benefit from tossing the lacrosse ball around the paddock? I know we need some lacrosse right now.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t necessarily disagree with you but this thread was an abortion long prior to my stupid antics.
    There’s one specific poster who is the responsible majority and it ain’t me. Good Luck.

tophyr and StaccatoFan like this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I take full responsibility. It's Garth's fault. :D

5axis, G 97 and StaccatoFan like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Apparently so. :crackup: