1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

150R Bling

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by SuddenBraking, Jul 31, 2022.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I bought a 150R and now want some trick bits - whatcha got? And if anyone's got suspension bits for a beefcake (I believe the bike is setup for ~170 now, but the rear sags like a 70 year old's tits with my fat ass on it), that'd be amazing.

I'm in Pennsylvania (19047).

2. Poorna

Poorna Active Member

Following…

3. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

We will be selling our 450 killer this fall. It has most all the blingz.

4. SuddenBraking

Pics and/or descriptions of said bling? Willing to part any of it out?

5. voss555

Not parting out, its too sweet for that. 25hp, custom valved suspension with bbr springs, 450 caliper conversion, sumo pads, gator rims, pirellis, tachometer, sliders, etc.

6. Poorna

Poorna Active Member

Who did the valving?

7. voss555

Good friend of ours, factory Indian suspension guy.

8. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

James Lin/ MadLabs does a lot with 150Rs and is highly regarded. It looks like he's not too far from you (Los Angeles).

MadLabs | Facebook

9. SuddenBraking

Ugh, wish you wouldn't have posted that link............this is gonna get expensive.

10. Poorna

Poorna Active Member

Yeah, and RaceTech is not far too. Just trying to gather info right now…

11. Toadmeister00

Yup, it adds up quickly when you start piecing together the big ticket items like brakes and suspension. It will be worth it in the end, these bikes are pretty amazing.

12. SuddenBraking

Where are you guys sourcing the 37mm tool for changing the front suspension? It's the tool dude references at 5:27 of the video:

Also, both of these products say they're for 12" wheels, but I'd assume they'd fit a bike on 17s as well...............right? The rearsets are/should be wheel size independent and so should the rotor (as it's just bolting up to the hub).

https://www.73motoparts.com/product...-mini-moto-adjustable-rear-set-fits-2007-2021

https://www.73motoparts.com/product...-250mm-oversize-solid-rotor-for-12-mag-wheels

Assuming those two above fit, I think this cart and then the suspension (working with Kevin from Gator Rimz) is going to be good enough to get me started (have a 450 caliper and master with steel lines already).

upload_2022-8-5_18-39-21.png

13. Toadmeister00

I have exactly what you need for the damper rod removal. I bought a 36" piece of 3/4"x 3/4" square steel stock and cut it in half. It locks into and holds the damper rod while you remove or torque the bottom bolt. I also have some aluminum round stock for making the internal spacers (assuming you're going with the 70mm shorter springs from Nolde). Cover the shipping and I'll send them up.

That rotor in your cart above won't work with stock hubs, that is for the 12" cast wheels. For a 250mm rotor set-up for an o.e. hub, you want either an EBC 250mm rotor or a 245mm Brake Tech rotor and bracket combo (Brake Tech has both iron and steel rotor options).

Personally, I like a larger rotor (especially if you're a heavier rider). Moto-Master has a 298mm rotor/ bracket set-up that is a step up from the 250mm stuff. It also uses the CRF250/450 caliper. The downside is the price has really jumped on that stuff, last August the rotors were $250 and the brackets were $70. Buy once, cry once...as they say.
    Moto-Master Flame SM Mini Rotor - 298mm (toxicmotoracing.com)
    Moto-Master Supermoto Mini Adapter - 298mm (toxicmotoracing.com)

I wouldn't do the rear-sets yet, I'd ride it first and see how the ergos work for you. You see about a 50/50 split from guys that love the rear-set/ clip-on combo and guys that hate it. On mine, I have taller bars and a Guts Racing tall seat. I'm 6' tall, and it was cramped with the stock seat height and low bars.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

Wow, really glad you posted because it caused me to actually go look at the braking setup before doing anything, and upon further inspection I just measured and the rotor is 250mm up front.

I'd love to pay you for shipping as well as whatever you think is fair for the advice and time/money you've saved me - will DM you my contact info. And definitely hear you regarding the rearsets, but man do they look trick...........and I'm 6'3 and fat, so love me some adjustability.

15. SuddenBraking

Do the stock OEM caliper and the 250/450 caliper have different bolt configurations? Just eyeballed it and it looks like they do (looks like the two pot has a narrower bolt pattern) but assumed someone here would know.

If so, then I think the 250mm bracket from Madlabs would be perfect for me (already have the 250 rotor, etc.).

16. Toadmeister00

Yes, you need the correct bracket for the 250/450 caliper that 73Motoparts sells.

DmanSlam and SuddenBraking like this.