1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I was at The Belly Up Tavern to see Tom Morello (acoustic band, horsemen or some shit)
    Having a ball at the bar with a woman I'd just met.
    Morello stopped the music and told us to shut the fuck up.
    I told him to play on muthufucka, which he did.
    T'was a fantastic weekend with that gal.
    Totally unrelated to this thread, but enjoying tanq gin for breakfast right now.

long path/road and 27 like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This morning’s musical selection brought to you by John Denver.

Girls wanna bitch about my singing in the car, this is what they get! :crackup:

long path/road and 2blueYam like this.
  3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Take me home
    Country roads
    To the Place
    Where I belong. Aroooooooooh!

Oh, not that one? How about: Sunshine On My Shoulders?

I love me some John Denver when I am in the right mood. Gordon Lightfoot works well in that genre as well.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It was Sunshine on my Shoulder. :D

I was belting it out like Mariah Carey at the World Series. :crackup:

In the interests of balance, I played some Sepultura afterwards. 6yo did her her best head banging impersonation!

5. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Few weeks ago, a pair of serendipitous events found me: a buddy sent me an old concert vid, then I got dropped (hard) by 'Rona and 5 days of quarantine/iso. These two occurrences sent me waaaaaay down a 4-decade Rush rabbit hole.

Yes, I know. A polarizing band for sure, I get it. Plenty of acts mentioned upthread make me want to claw my eyeballs out.
    To each their own.

Been a fun and fulfilling journey, catching up on back-catalogue stuff I'd overlooked for many, many years.

Spun up 1993's "Counterparts" album on my morning drive.
    Fit my mood well, been humming those tunes for past 2 hrs.

Kinda wondering how long I'm gonna be down here. I think I see a tiny spot of light far above.
    Wife & kid have been rolling their eyes and chuckling...not sorry.

Have a nice weekend, folks.

27 likes this.
  6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

To all the punks who keep telling me they've never heard of Jeff Beck, this CD is coming out on July 15th.

[​IMG]

long path/road likes this.
  7. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

Jeff beck? and the Belaflectones?

8. long path/road

old black water keep on rolling Mississippi moon won't you keep shinning on me....keep on shinning your light.... well take it it boys

9. long path/road

went through the desert on a horse with no name hmmm. anyone?
    apologies I was ahead of my myself by asking before I read it.. I'm all about it and amazing individual!! brilliant!

10. long path/road

country road tak me home!

11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Schoenberg's Transfigured Night for orchestra. Believe it or not it's political this month if you dive deep enough.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cigar has and is releasing new music. If you like 90s skate punk, check out their new stuff. :)

13. ton

ton Arf!

Billy Howerdel- What Normal Was (a little meh. Heavy Depeche Mode influence)
    Par Metheny-As Falls Witchita…
    Sungazer-Perihelion
    The War on Drugs- I Don’t Live Here Anymore

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

15. Johnny B

Probably the most outrageous quote from a musician came from Jeff. "I think I might be a better welder than guitar player."

16. Johnny B

Alice?

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tonight we have a variety of soul R&B acts.

One of the ladies sings a song called "I'm gonna slap your weave off"

So that's my Friday

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ozzie.

19. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I’m listening to:
    Dokken
    The Veronicas
    George Jones
    Jon Anderson
    Pablo Cruise
    Ratt
    CCR
    Ludovico Einaudi
    Temptations

Just to name a few

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Something happened last week, can’t even remember what it was, but got me remembering the album Throwing Copper by Live. Tonight after getting home I was relaxing and the lyrics to “T.B.D.” started echoing in my head, so I looked the song up and read up on what it was all about. It recounts Aldous Huxley’s final moments, being loaded up with LSD and being read to from the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

Which brought to mine just how ignorant of the world beyond my own minuscule little spot in it I was at 23, and how 29 years later I’m still completely fucking ignorant of the world beyond my slightly larger but still insignificant little spot in it.

Makes me really wish I had more of an appreciation and thirst for reading when I was younger. Still can’t sit down and read without turning a dozen pages without remembering a fucking thing I’ve read, and soon thereafter I start snoring.

So I’m gonna listen to Live. All you Leary-Heads drop some blotter in my honor.