1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

You’re not following the rules. :crackup:

Anyone who has been on here for any amount of time knows first hand that there is absolutely no “good old boy club” atmosphere. It’s never existed. Mongo does a pretty good job of keeping it relatively open and honest actually. He gives everyone a very long rope. Admittedly, I’ve also hung myself a few times. :crackup:

Yzasserina and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. Go hide behind, or preferably under a big rock. You are just an absolute idiot who doesn’t know when to shut up. You are totally clueless about racing and apparently even more so about life in general.

StaccatoFan and FastByKids like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Completely missing the point, once again.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I love the assertion that this place is somehow organized enough to conspire to do…well… anything.:crackup:

cav115, Boman Forklift, JBall and 5 others like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock

That’s the sound of time running on on someone’s entertainment value. :crackup:

FastByKids likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ankle-biter :Poke:

StaccatoFan and FastByKids like this.
  7. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

My first reply includes three images. The first one is a pic of the crank from the Brainerd tear down after removing the fastener for the flywheel (I do not own a flywheel puller so this is as far as I can go without one). The second pic is on the crank on one of my track tool boxes and the third pic is a dyno chart (numbers removed) showing the motor torn down at VIR race 2 (dashed line) in comparison to the motor that has been in the bike since Road America (please note the solid line indicates better performance than the dashed).

This saga begins with a mandatory top 5 tear down at VIR. I went into this fully expecting to pass tech and was the first one to have my engine parts to tech. The cylinder was cut and we were DQ'ed as we should have been. There is a story about how we got here that has no impact on the end result making it irrelevant. It was my sole responsibility to produce a machine capable of passing tech and I failed. I issued a personal apology to some along with a public apology to others in a private Facebook group. With this post I would like to once again apologize to my competitors. Regardless of intention we were found illegal and this lands squarely on me. If I knew this would not have passed I would have taken this mother fucker on a boat ride before I handed it to tech.

All bullshit aside showing up to Road America was not easy for myself nor for Max. This is something I deserved and he did not but once again that does not change what it was. Before Road America I did all the due diligence to ensure our package was 100% legal nose to tail because under no circumstance could we fail any level of scrutiny from tech again. At Road America Max was on the rev limiter for 4-6 seconds heading into 5 each lap (yes I suck as a crew chief) in race 1 which makes being competitive very difficult. Race 2 at Road America the kid looked great in the rain (competing at the front) right until he ran out of fuel after the red flag restart (my fault yet again). At the Ridge we did the best we could but he just did not have it that weekend. Moving on to Laguna the kid qualified in P2 and was riding a solid race 1 until him and Kayla came together and crashed out. Race 2 at Laguna he had to run off track on the last lap to avoid a downed rider. These facts would indicate Max showed plenty signs of life since VIR.

Moving on to Brainerd the kid was on point from the moment the trailer was unloaded. His race 1 and race 2 performances are a result of the effort he and the team put in and nothing more.

Given the DQ at VIR the tear down at Brainerd was justified and expected. To be fair I owed this to my competitors and would have gladly saved them $3000 only had they come and simply said "Hey man don't want to be a dick but I have the sense something is up." I tore this motor down under the supervision of Teague and Michael Martin (both of these guys know their shit). During the tear down I told them to feel free to examine anything they like to ensure everyone is happy with the net result. We passed this without issue and I expected this to be the end of the drama only to find that it is not. Now I am hearing people say we have some offset key in the flywheel or our bike smelled differently.

Everything I do is based on a risk v. reward calculation. In this case I am risking the reputation of a business I have spent a large portion of my life building that is responsible for selling hundreds of millions of dollars of products in this industry over a 17 year period. There is no scenario in which a Junior Cup trophy is worth that, not one.

At this point I expect we will be protested again and have planned for this. In closing I will add my 12 year old daughter is a competitive dancer. Comparing this to that I can say with full confidence Dance Moms are 100% less dramatic than Race Dads.

cbush, wheelz96, JJJerry and 34 others like this.
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Your invitation to Pitt for your attitude adjustment awaits you.

9. It’s sad when this Fastbywhatevee makes me miss MadBrad

5axis and BC like this.
  10. Brian Van

This is a comparison between the engine in the bike for VIR race 2 that was torn down (dashed lines) and the engine that was in the bike from Road America onward (solid lines). The numbers have been removed but the dates from the runs are noted up top.

11. Brian Van

Numbers removed intentionally. End of the day every dyno reads a little differently which makes the curve more relevant than the number.

cav115, Triple X and drop like this.
  12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Meh…that will bring about the inevitable backpedal, much like the “I never (actually) accused anyone of cheating.”

13. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Never wrestle with a pig,you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

83BSA and tophyr like this.
  14. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No shit.

Monsterdood likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Dude is a straight psychopath. Just took a while to come out.

FastByKids likes this.
  16. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Fair enough, sorry about the shit show.

Max needs to put a huge chip on his shoulder and put in his best effort. Race hard / Race fair and get this crap behind you!

Got a bunch of flame throwing talking heads here in these parts.

17. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I have heard the one about pot meet kettle... but never thought never though that I would see a dual purpose pot/kettle....

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I wish I had someone as accomplished and brilliant as Hank the Cunt to tell me what I needed to do.

FastByKids likes this.
  19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Won't be I who does the back pedaling.

These situations always turn into:

"Dude, I was just messing with you."
    "Oh man, don't take that stuff serious."

Or they complete avoid IRL situations.

Rinse / Wash / Repeat

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man, maybe it's just me getting older and perceiving things differently but back in the old days, much of the bbs felt like dudes legit throwing down on each other, resulting in mildly entertaining arguments. Nowadays it just feels like a bunch of purse swinging. But like I said, maybe I just perceive things differently now.

Gino230, Kev59 and Dano711 like this.