1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Last I looked they were in that 10k level. No clue anymore, maybe I’ll look later, I am kind of interested just to know.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like used is 15-20k plus.

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have the black one. I bought it new from the AD in the summer of 2020 for $12,600. Used ones seem to sell for $15-$20k.

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Who do guys like for service? Local AD or someplace like Watchrepair.net? My Tag Formula One acted like it needed a battery but still runs but looses time. Please advise. Maybe Steve Thompson has some time...

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Found my sub today (my kid had it) and wore it for the first time in maybe 8 months (I’ll admit, I hadn’t looked for it in months).

got one offer of $3K and at least 4 “ awesome fake, where can I get one.” :D

8. Boman Forklift

heck does that mean my $6k offer is a winner?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$11k and I’ll throw in a dead batter Swiss army and something else I can find. :D

10. SteveThompson

Is it a chronograph?

A new movement is probably $50 or less. I'll put it in for $100 if you don't care how long it takes. I have a few other projects and it's still boating season :D.

11. SteveThompson

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It is and I'll take you up on that offer! PM your info and I'll send it your way.

13. Boman Forklift

I don’t know them like you guys but I figured it was older because it was a 40mm vs a 44mm. They are both listed as used, though.

Not sure if that is just what they do on the used one so they can sell a new one at a non authorized dealer? I don’t know if bobs is a AD?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bob’s is NOT an AD. A relatively well respected pre owned seller.

Prices are on the high side.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

A friend of mine just reached out to me to help him sell his Zenith Primero Chronograph (Tank case). Reference number 90/01.0420.400
    Has box/papers and recently serviced. He's willing to deal, as he and his wife are retiring to the Mediterranean.

Identical to this model/style/colour. He'll better this pricing by quite a bit.
    https://www.chrono24.com/zenith/el-primero--id19808255.htm

16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Any of you guys modding the modern seiko's? I follow some pretty cool accounts on IG that make some killer stuff and the pricing seems super reasonable. I like the idea of learning how to take watches apart but I'm not doing it with my Tudors lol. I've found some places to order all sorts of parts so I thought it might be fun to get some of the tools and start tinkering.

17. Jedb

Who are you following?
    There's some really good youtube instructional videos and the DIY Watch club has a bunch of things online.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/DIYWatchClub

18. SteveThompson

I’ve done a few 007’s including changing the movement to hacking/winding, custom cases, etc. There are some pictures somewhere in this thread.

19. Jay Hodge

Jay Hodge Well-Known Member

Got this the other day 527141E9-733B-4F40-87A4-2B3AB1A205B6.jpeg

20. Jedb

Baltic makes very nice stuff @Jay Hodge. Nice pick up. :beer:
    The GMT is nice.