1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

From the MA website

"...one of its primary goals is to send its riders to the top-level international championships: MotoGP and World Superbike."

Currently the Jr division is not achieving this stated objective.

HPPT and FastByKids like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Cost comparison Moto3 bikes vs Jr Cup frontrunner?

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Good moto3 bike?

100k easy in difference before let’s and spares.

That’s the KTM. Not sure if you can buy them or lease them from KTM or HONDA

stk0308 and motion like this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Thinking the bikes purchased for the Northern Talent Cup / UK Talent Cup etc would be a bit better of a comparison?

That is ONE of the the stepping stones to the Moto3. From the chatter I've been hearing the NATC Aprilia's won't get a American kid to next level.

5. bentforks

bentforks Well-Known Member

I don’t think his motor has been legal since the laguna round.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well you are the authority on anything to do with children

7. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

FastByKids and motion like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

backbone and MyWayGuy like this.
  9. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

What do you mean by that?

Doing due diligence and having conversations with those that know more than I is a crime to you?

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hi Rob, Jeff here.
    Here's what I heard from Richard. The new front has a rounder profile, feels stiffer, and they didn't like it mid corner. Jake had head shake going in and they think it may be related to that bumpy track and he tucked the front. They will try the Japanese front at Pitt because it has less bumps and smoother pavement.

Boman Forklift, wheelz96 and G 97 like this.
  11. ton

ton Arf!

could have, or could’ve

I’m sad that we have another outstanding opportunity to debate the definition of hearsay and no one jumped on it. :crackup:

FastByKids likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hank the Cunt would just continue the pedantry.

ton and A. Barrister like this.
  13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh yeah, they switched back to the regular front very quickly and raced on those and not on the Japanese tire

jksoft, Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Ah hahaha. He's just having fun. And I thought you didn't take anything here seriously?

What's a little trolling, between trolls?

KneeDragger_c69 and pickled egg like this.
  15. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

when it was the KTM cup those had sealed motors I believe. no chance for cheating.. here we are with ninja 400's where you have to state what the protest specifically is against so its a guessing game to see if someone is illegal

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

So, would a rounder profile tire have a smaller contact patch? Would it also be easier/quiker to transition from side to side?

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

KTM has the cubic dollars to do it. What's the spec and cost on those red bull rookies cup bikes?

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would think rounder would give a smoother transition when trail braking all the way to the apex. Just a guess?”l, but it seems the current mode is to let off that last 2% of braking as you arrive at full lean at the apex so maybe a rounder profile helps you get there.

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I would think a rounder profile would have a larger contact patch . . . .

As for offset keys . . . I use them to alter cam timing on the BSA's. Nice mod, but tough to make a proper key.

As for FastbyKids . . . Jees . . . does it never stop?

Cheers,

Dave

KneeDragger_c69 and jksoft like this.
  20. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I'll comment on a small slice of this epic thread -

MA has made the decision, and one that makes sense, to have its series based on production bikes. The demographics, geography and status of motorsports in the US doesn't support, nor will ever, support prototype based racing. The MA series is great for developing riders that want a future in WSS, WSBK, MA SB, etc. If we want to develop riders that are going to participate in World Championship series, the US is not the place for that development. The riders that are in Europe now, riding the Euro tracks, gritting out the reps on prototype training bikes and adopting the MotoGP process of what it takes to "make it".....that is just the entry fee. It takes years of deliberate, dedicated training to hope you get a shot and that takes truckloads of money and the correct rider management and training programs. Having one prototype class or in MA or riding minis, won't cut it.

The MA program, including Jr. Cup, isn't that bad for the above mentioned being competitive in the US - if that is your goal. If your goal is Europe, you need to be in Europe. (Or train in the US like you would in Europe)

Ken