1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Why?

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yes Rob we've had discussions here in the past. So, I guess you forgot, I'm
    [​IMG]

3. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Or helicopters or C-5's... :D

FastByKidS
    So no realtime personal experience with helicopters, but plenty time with big stiffwing military aircraft maintenance? Next time pick a model and i might agree with you.

83BSA likes this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I'll ask Kobe how he feels about helicopters----oh wait... :D

5. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Kobe who?

6. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Have we forgotten that MotoAmerica is a "production based" racing series.
    You know.... race on Sunday... Sell on Monday philosophy.
    How is a NSF250 chassis "street legal" production based.

drop and voss555 like this.
  7. lightning97

Bad piloting decisions again as usual and not F’n funny asshole.

8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

wtf

StaccatoFan and jksoft like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did that have to do with maintenance or reliability?

Philip Mirgliotta and jksoft like this.
  10. FastByKids

Truly don't know.

I'm trying to get a ride lined out for a wildcard for the NATC. NATC is somewhat supported by MA and not production based. As I'm gathering information and talking to different people the conversation of MotoA came up from three different sources. With the chaos in JrCup, I wouldn't be surprised if they chose a direction that mirrors what Europe / UK are doing. Only opinion and speculation.

On one side it would be nice to have a platform so kids can develop and quit going across the pond. The NATC is TRYING but appears the Ape has some shortcomings and has frustrated some riders.

On the other side some parents got quite a bit of coin in the NATC and changing chassis would cause some issues. Oh-vale tried changing to the 12" bikes in the 190 class and it went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  11. FastByKids

Whaaaaaat?
    Left field is apparently fair play nowadays. :crackup:

12. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I read this thread hoping to learn some info on what happened to Gagne. WTF is going on in here?

13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

see the ask a superbike genius video post and just go straight to the primary sources my man

evakat, jksoft and wheelz96 like this.
  14. FastByKids

Triggered, you come on here putting words in my mouth and making crap up. I was debating even replying to you. Should of trusted my gut. See ya, won't reply to you again.

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Eh. I disagree. MotoAmerica is a motorcycle racing series. I don't think it's anywhere in their charter or stated intentions that they're a production motorcycle racing series.

As far as I can tell, we race production bikes simply because they're more accessible.

16. lightning97

Best luck!

17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Unless the engines are sealed, it's unlikely anything they did will still be on the engine at the next round. And any possible fuel discrepancy will be flushed. Too much visibility, to risk anything.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

As best I can tell is people think Max Van is running a cheater bike but nobody will come out and say it.

Boman Forklift, jksoft and BC like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The one thing I can remember for sure is that one of their stated goals was to produce American racers capable of competing at the world level. I don't remember a commitment to making it happen solely through production bikes.

tophyr and stk0308 like this.
  20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That's the downside to social media. Everyone involved should have kept their mouths shut so they could bust them IF they were cheating at the next round.

Boman Forklift and A. Barrister like this.