1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lot of car dealers suck..

Discussion in 'General' started by Woofentino Pugr, Aug 1, 2022.

1. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I suppose the dealers not selling over msrp are fools then…..or maybe they are the smart ones playing the long game

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

they stupid. no long game to win

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

well except this dealer....i called for the new Golf R....$46K sticker, $14K markup and $3k paint protection, selling price of $64,970 ...yep I'll be right over:crackup:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what is the long game??

5. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Friend of mine went to pick up his new F350 Superduty today at Bidleman Ford in Auburn, NY, after waiting nine months. Got a call to come down and get it.

He had put a deposit down after negotiating the price, signed the agreement as did the dealership, including the Ford Price Protection Policy.

Showed up at the dealership, saw his truck on the lot completely unprepared for delivery. Stickers in the window, plastic wrap all over everything, blue on the tires, nothing cleaned.

The salesman had him sit down and handed him a bill for the remainder of the vehicle. It's $5k higher than the previously signed agreement. When asked, the salesman shrugged and said, "Well the price went up."

The dealership refused to honor the agreed on price, citing 'that's just not what they're selling for now'.

Needless to say, buddy left without a truck. I can't believe he left the salesman alive.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That bottom feeder needed a blanket and bats party.

Rebel635 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Also known as just about any dealership salesman.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was a long time ago but I went to pick up my special order, 1 of 1 in the US, bmw wagon and the dealership was in the process of selling it to someone else. :crackup:

I made more off them selling that car than they did I think, got banned for life from the dealership and used their cash to partially pay for a VW.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what did the sales agreement say? I would want the truck as you described... not molested some teenaged porter putting swirl marks & scratches.

10. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

And now they have a really nice F350 to sell for whatever they want to someone else....

t500racer likes this.
  11. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'd be going after them for failing to honor the agreement. If more people refused to just walk away and held these fuck stains accountable this shit wouldn't be the norm.

BigBird and A. Barrister like this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Repeat customers. A better word of mouth reputation that brings in buyers.

hotnail likes this.
  13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That one caught me too! LOL

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

We have that same kind of dealer in my neck of the Alabama woods. You warn people, but they think their experience will be different. It never is. They always end up with the "I should have listened to the warnings" blues.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just bought a new vehicle. The worse aspect of it was the perceived stereotypical lack of organization. The price was discounted from MSRP, finance rates were quite competitive, but the Doc fee was $400+.
    Yzass and I were about out of there a couple times between the WTF moments of "Why have we come to a standstill with this transaction? Progress or we'll progress our asses right out the door!" was our feeling.
    They finally pulled it all together only to have misplaced the second key. I wasn't leaving without it and, if I was, that also meant the car wasn't leaving with us either. (We were both beyond our limits of ineptitude tolerance, but the car was there, otherwise ready to go. :rolleyes:)
    About the time I started winding up for the walk of fuck you, they found the other key. Good thing. We waited 3 months and 3 weeks for that car after already having been shopping for about that same length of time. Car hadn't been built when we put down a deposit.
    Bottomline, not so bad, coulda been worse, just an annoyingly cliche experience.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
  16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I don't care about any aspect of the story other than the 1 of 1 BMW wagon. Details?

17. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

In that special corner of hell under the dripping urinal reserved for the normal denizens are beds of attorneys, car salesmen and politicians.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Those effers wouldn't honor the ad I brought in. :mad:

[​IMG]

Oh, to have a time machine...

CBRRRRR999 and YamahaRick like this.
  19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

But back then $20K was like $200K today.

BigBird likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, to be able to use that 20/20 hindsight to avoid soooooo many problems.

Plus, to score with those girls who I was too oblivious to recognize were hitting on me. ;)