1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica I Superbikes at Minnesota I Brainerd International Raceway - July/29-31

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, about that, what exactly am I supposed to "STOP?" :confused: You sure you got the right person?

2. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I said my peace. :p
    A olive branch has been extended.
    Banning are being handed out for political posts.
    Possible all the guidelines should be followed?

A. Barrister likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did Mongo say when you contacted him?

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It must be tough to be omniscient…:rolleyes:

G 97 likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm not a fan of the JR cup. I think the kids should be on bikes with a proper chassis and not riding around on a flexy frame with no trail. Look at the current crop of superbike riders. They didn't club race 300s or 400s. They raced on RS125s or Moriwakis, then jumped on a 600. I remember Jake Lewis railing on a Moriwaki at VIR. The next year, he's on a R6 battling Gerloff in the WERA National series because they weren't old enough to race AMA. Some of the most epic battles ever. A prime example is Tyler Scott. His Dad had him on a GP chassis forever. He does Jr cup, wins the title, and now he's a front runner in supersport. Kayla raced a NSF250 for years, and club races a Kramer 690 running twins cup lap times on it. The Jr Cup gives is a low cost platform and gives the kids exposure, but the bikes are crap. A spec class on a GP chassis would be great. The problem is finding a manufacturer to pony up the dough for a spec class...

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I try and earn the high regard thing, so I appreciate it.

If you think you didn’t claim there were cheaters in JNR Cup, I really don’t know what to say? You may have tap danced all around the actual word “cheater” but we can read and understand the English language. Plus after at least one person was busted, you did basically say see I told you guys. So, I’m not sure how anyone could read that any other way? You were right on that racer, they were cheating, and may forever be branded with that?

I could have been wrong about you saying, without the cheaters, your kids would be on the box? By that time in my post I was on a roll and wasn’t going to search through months of your posts to see how high you claimed your kids could go? I really do hope they can get on the box at a MA round, but as mentioned before, go dominate the local scene before wasting your money racing at MA.

A. Barrister and G 97 like this.
  7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Also, a current JrCup bike can be built for around $10k. You aint getting anywhere near a true Gp bike for anywhere near that. Add in the fact that at least guys can get some dealer support on Jr cup. Personally, if you are fast, you are fast. It don't matter what chassis your on as the cream will rise to the top and adapt. And of course the opposite argument can be made about riding Gp bikes then sucking ass on a superbike.

In this day and age, I am 100% AGAINST adding a class that will have parents becomming fabricators.

Dirt track has/had a similar issue with thinking kids on 450's couldnt adapt to the larger "framer" type twins. And look at Briar bauman, Dallas Daniels, JD Beach, etc. again, the cream always rises to the top.

GNC, stk0308, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Just so you know, we ALL know you didnt call anyone specifically a cheater. Stop saying that. Just stop. You have gone on multiple posts with false insinuations, passive aggressive claims, and just simply crawfishing around. For you to sit here pretending to be high and mighty is annoying as fuck.

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder just were talking about reading where you've made multiple claims across multiple posts.

Just stop, nobody has your side on this. You have made around the bush claims but want to sit here like Clarence and play word scramble becuase you never said the word "Cheater". Let your balls drop and own your words.

A. Barrister, Jed, R1Racer99 and 5 others like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

10. Robby-Bobby

2nd- Mischler
    5th- Saathoff
    8th- Gauthier

stk0308, G 97, ungwaha and 2 others like this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's all about the $$$, and I agree dont need parents to be fabricators. A spec class show up and ride would be ideal. Like I said, the challenge is having a manufacturer step up. NATC bikes are around 14 grand with some spares and a canopy. IMO, the bikes would need to be a higher spec than those.

12. Robby-Bobby

Yea spec would be amazing, however, what manufacturer is going to pony up and design/build a chassis? I mean, if there were a spec chassis and you're all in on a race winning bike for $25k then absolutely.

Realistically, a true spec gp bike would probably be in the $40k range.

Are you thinking like a ninja 400 engine in a true chassis? or a straight gp style powerplant?

13. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A 4 stroke production engine in a GP chassis. 40-50hp. Keep the tune down for reliability.

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I know exactly how much HP and torque Gus's bike makes on the dyno and it's nothing special.

Question for you - why would three different teams protest the same rider?

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t like what I type, Hank the Cunt, carry through on your relentless threats to ignore me.

But you won’t. Because Hank the Cunt craves the attention, and in his attention whore junkie mind, he thinks he’s winning.

Hence why you’ve been fed to the membership. Again.

And you’ll soon be banned for the expiration of your entertainment level. Again.

And you’ll likely crawl back under a new pseudonym after having been banned. Again.

Cunt.

A. Barrister likes this.
  16. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Ask a Superbike Genius - Brainerd

New Japanese front tire is stiffer like a Bridgestone, Attack boys didn't like it at Brainerd, but it they'll try it again at Pittsburgh

G 97 and henry_carlson like this.
  17. Knarf Legna

Late in the day after racing was concluded one of the most popular top JC riders commented that the exhaust on one bike smelled different than everyone else.

I'm not predicting anything but I would not be surprised if there were more protests at Pitt, including retaliatory. Especially the latter.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

A little MR12 mixed in with the MGP?

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

How often are the top teams refreshing/opening their motors in JC?

20. Knarf Legna

Can't speak for everyone but we ran the same motor, unopened until we were torn down. Same second motor since, unopened.