1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Sorry if it's a repost.

FB_IMG_1659564246062.jpg

2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

$30K piled on top of a shitty, $15K suspension lift package? Good grief!!!

3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like a Bronco, more like a BroncoII. In the mix for our next personal ride.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

$83k will buy SO MUCH performance, even in this market.

$38k for a base model 'Murican Honda Element seems like a big reach to start and it only gets worse from there. Doesn't Jeep already have the market cornered on things that suck at everything and cost too much?

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At that price they can eat an entire barrel of dicks. You would have to have suffered a severe traumatic brain injury to think it was a good idea to pay over $83k for one of those...

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey Nanuk! Where ya been? :D

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Ok. I’ll play. My neighbor has a Tahoe (2018 I think) with 245,000 on it with only regular maintenance.
    The ZR2s are a 2016, (2) 2018, and a 2019.
    You do you though…

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

There have been 62 engine failures out of the thousands build and it has been traced back to a bad batch of valves. Maybe Ford is where Yamaha ditched all the bad ones they had

9. notbostrom

Order a new one from a dealer that isn't a douchebag and you'll pay MSRP like I did. I actually paid a little under MSRP.

10. metricdevilmoto

I'm just guessing, but I feel like you bought one and are ...

Oh, right.

11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Got any pics of your Bronco?

12. notbostrom

Yes why?

13. bleacht

I’m thinking about getting one. On the fence but doing research. Just curious what you ended up with.

14. notbostrom

Being a douchebag as usual but yes the majority of people paid MSRP with a few bad dealers screwing people.

And yes the bronco forum keeps a running list of engine failures and it's turning out to be a small number from a 30 day production period.

15. notbostrom

21 cactus grey outdoor banks with the high package and 2.7. it's great for what it is but it's noisy noisy and utilitarian. The exact opposite of my daily driver. The wife loves it so that's all that matters. Happy to answer any questions.

Here's the thread on the engine failures.. lots of pitch forks and screwdrivers lol
    https://www.bronco6g.com/bronco-2-7-engine-failures-tracking-list/

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  16. bleacht

I test drove a grey badlands lux with a 2.3 and manual. The trans was great, surprisingly. The noise isn’t a concern at all and the kid loved every second of it. The dealer had a markup, though, so I was debating on ordering from another dealer and waiting for an eternity to get one.

17. metricdevilmoto

I quoted what you said. I'm a douchebag?

I'll full stop admit I hate these faux by fours as much as I loathe seeing empty bedded pick up trucks towing nothing and commuting, but I get that sometimes the girls gotta get to soccer practice and soccer practice is sometimes at the end of a loose gravel road.

I don't give a hot fuck what you (or anyone else) drives, nor do I expect that my opinion would matter, but I bet your super dope off road capable Bronco spends as much time off road as most of the 3/4 tons on the road do pulling/hauling, which is nil.

The Bronco forum also sounds awesome and impartial. Got a link?

I guess I can't get my head around driving something every day that simply isn't fun and only driving something that sucks when it has to suck.

18. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’ve got 4 of them - all the 6 cylinder, 4 door softops . I use them as rentals on Turo . All with 25k plus miles . Zero issues whatsoever . Awesome vehicles . And who knows what they have been thru haha

motion likes this.
  19. archrider

archrider Active Member

I am always curious to this mentality, that if someone has a truck, half ton, 1 ton, whatever, that they 100% of the time have to have something in the back, massive trailer attached. No idea what your situation is, but my F150 is my everyday driver and only vehicle, so it pulls double duty with my 50 mile a day commute, pulling the family boat, 16 ft enclosed for bikes, and yes, hauls around our kids to practice and games with all their s**t. You do seem to give a hot fuck what people drive or else you wouldn't "loathe seeing empty bedded pickup trucks towing nothing and commuting". Sorry some of us make do with one vehicle, guess I dont get the problem with that as my 6 year old truck has 120k on it with about 40k pulling trailers. So I am assuming you drive a F450 with a 48ft trailer attached 100% of the time everywhere you go? To home and back, grocery store, Dr, etc?

Funkm05, notbostrom, Razr and 2 others like this.
  20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Can we get back on topic and discuss why the F I still don’t have a Bronco even though I “reserved” one in July of 2020? The whole reservation process has been a shit show and my dealer is as useless as tits on a bull.