1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Living with the wiggle ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Raceless man, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

as a commuter at 50-60mph lol not interstate speeds.

stk0308 and skidooboy like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Front fairing too flat maybe? You're riding an 80mph knuckleball down the road.

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Interstate speeds shouldn't bother it in the least. As setup from the factory, 14/37 gearing, a taller 2.76 primary ratio than the prior gen, 80mph is 7750 RPM, not quite at peak power. That should be a happy place for it. When I had my CBR250R it got flogged for far worse with no ill effects.

4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

not 80mph plus for extended periods. Ski

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

well, it had 2 qts capacity so a bit better there, and gearing, trans for high speed riding, racing. kinda apples to oranges against the klx, dual sport/dirty bike. Ski

stk0308 likes this.
  6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

A couple of teams are struggling with it on the R7 on the gas when transitioning to straight up during corner exit.

7. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Ok lots of options. I will first lower the front, and shim the fender to point lower. See how that goes.
    Will update results.

GNC likes this.
  8. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Ok..lowered the forks 10mm, raised them to the caps, shimmed front fender at front mount, shimmed fender at rear mount, lowered fender shimming all 4. Tire pressure in 2 psi increments 26 to 34. Combos of all those.
    Along with removing the mirrors and handguards prior my conclusion is.
    In high wind situations at speed on this bike a weave is inevitable. However if you lean into it and place your head between the mirrors in a sort of half tuck it goes away.
    So either aeros or more weight to the front seems to mitigate it? Thanks for the tips everyone.

9. My street legal (ish) exc 300 suffers from the same, I know 100% it’s all aero related but I haven’t had time to develop a wing package :) Well that and I don’t bother changing my tires to DOT approved, have suspension still set up for what ever I was riding before I jumped on the road, and usually that bike instantly turns you into an asshole and front wheel is usually barley making contact with the road. I do max out my steering damper though because 2nd gear plus speeds when it hits the power band (only if I have the red one in) and when front comes down it can get a bit tough to hang on to. I’ve never tried to dial it out as I usually just run over to a buddies or the store. I just like the fact of taking a 2T on the road as it makes me giggle the entire time.

10. Well a dirt bike wasn’t “made” to flat track either but they sure do pretty well don’t they :)

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You might be overthinking it . :D

12. SoCal1000

SoCal1000 Will work for tires

[QUOTE="Canadian Bacon, post: 6014490, member: 3373"I just like the fact of taking a 2T on the road as it makes me giggle the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My street legal ish KX500 is a hoot.

5axis likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Top end rebuilds are fun?

14. Agreed. My street legal ish KX500 is a hoot.[/QUOTE]
    You have me beat there, that’s got to be a blast.

15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Try removing the fender. Then report back.