1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are we buying enclosed trailer accessories?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Aug 3, 2022.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Shelving, storage, racks, paper towel holders, etc.

That type of stuff. Thanks

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

E trailer

23103a and mpusch like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And while I have you, what part locks are you using?

I've always used keyed alike long hasp Master Locks but have been rethinking that and leaning towards combination locks.

Anyone have a good recommendation on a heavy-duty weather resistant lock?

4. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I bought this set. Keep it under the back seat of the truck with the hitch and i'm always ready. Bought a set of two lock for the doors that take a separate key so yeah, i have to carry two keys.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch-Lock/Master-Lock/3794DAT.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Shop - Trailer Hitch Lock&adgroupid=86699892875&campaignid=1041187631&creative=404001549065&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9015720&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3lMED6BKDqwR4hSBcw_zfHSjj97I_ysXkp4iws3R6StdnKIc4Mq_uwaAgnSEALw_wcB

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Razr and RightSideUp like this.
  7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Make sure your trailer has a barlock on the side door, not just the RV style paddle lock.

RightSideUp likes this.
  8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Do they make a bar lock that you can open from the inside?

At the 2011 Road Atlanta GNF, my wife and I were sleeping in my buddy's 6x12 while he slept in his Suburban. He left the Saturday night party a big after us and came back to the pits and "cleaned up", including locking the bar on the trailer. The next morning I woke up having to crap more urgently than I can ever remember but was locked in. I was in severe pain and knew that something was coming out of me in the next 10 minutes, regardless of my location. I called him like 20 times and ended up shaking the trailer as violently as I could to wake his drunk ass up so that he could let us out.

I'm not a big fan of sleeping in trailers anymore. Hell, anyone could walk through the pits and close the bar on you. We normally had a space heater running in there too. That would be a shitty way to die.

JBall likes this.
  9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

If you are sleeping in it, put the lock through the hasp w/o the bar in it so you can't be locked in.

Shenanigans, cBJr and RRP like this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I just about finished outfitting a small 6x12 v-nose and i really like these Suncast cabinets. Available from BJ's wholesale. Really light but very heavy duty and can hold an surprising amount of weight.

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Razr, MELK-MAN, TLR67 and 1 other person like this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks awesome!!!