1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sena is really a mess

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Aug 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Seems the Eyetalians that designed my Sena 30K (which is far from being cheap) are drunk on grappa or Italian meth...

I downloaded two apps on my phone and not one of them will install the new firmware update, so I had to download another two f@cking apps on my laptop to finally get it to update. That's four fucking downloads to finally get it to update !

Their wifi docking station is pretty much useless as it won't download the updates, so it's basically a cumbersome USB charging station (which could have been achieved by a simple wire).

Vaffanculo ! to those dumb cunts.

2. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

I am going cardo for my next coms purchase for the mesh. No more Sena for me either.

ducnut likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

I had a Cardo Scala rider before that and you couldn't hear shit. At least the sound on the Sena is better...

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

WTF are you dorks talking about?

This is a Senna...
    [​IMG]

Also buying Italian stuff is OK if its mechanical. Buying Italian stuff that's electronic...oh hell naw.

5. cha0s#242

upload_2022-8-2_18-0-1.png

This is a Sena.
    How can you be a motorcyclist and not know what this is ?

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the S20's are GREAT... S30's SUCK DONKEY BALLS. The 20's work so well, I dont even want to try the 50's. your results may vary. the 20's are almost bulletproof. use them on dirt, street, and even on the snowmobiles. DITCH THE 30'S... Go for the 20's.
    Ski

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I keep reading this as "Sean is really a mess"

auminer and mpusch like this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Is that some kind of stationary bike doohickey like a Peloton? :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I put an SC2 in my C5. It worked great Saturday for a 4 hour ride. Then coming home from work today it acted buggy as hell. I don't think it was anything with the phone.

Oh, firmware update had to be done with a cable connected to a PC.

10. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

I've had a Cardo Packtalk Bold for a couple of years now and with the JBL speakers can here everything well enough with foam earplugs. It's not without connectivity issues from time to time with Garmin Zumo XT + iPhone and having to turn everything off an on again but overall it works well with voice commands, Siri, music, calls, etc. I ride solo so not connected to other units.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Ok, I've read all the posts so far, and still don't know what a Sena is. Cordless headphone that bluetooths to your phone?

JBall likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Buddy bought the Cardo Packtalk Edge. Says it’s amazing, compared to his previous Sena SMH10.

I have Sena S20 Evo. It’s definitely not the easiest to use and not loud enough.

13. skidooboy

Ducnut... make sure you turn your phone volume up once the sena is on and connected via bluetooth to the phone, then turn the sena volume up. the phone will actually give you a warning telling you, listening at this volume may cause hearing damage. I listen to music, and other rider conversations, with earplugs in, and can hear fine even at highway speeds. Ski

14. skidooboy

bluetooth communication, multi-media unit connected to the helmet. can be used through phones, for coms, fm stereo, online/offline music, etc... works fairly well bike to bike communication, line of sight distance. Ski

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boman Forklift and ChemGuy like this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I did that. Two of us bought them for a trip. Neither of us felt the volume was adequate. I’ve seen speaker upgrades, which might be the answer.

17. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The last thing I want to do when riding a motorcycle is talk to another person.

beac83, cav115, black knight and 12 others like this.
  18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I've been looking at getting a touring bike in the next couple of years so me and the wife could do weekend getaways. The first thing she says is we should "get one of those intercom thingies so we can talk the whole way".

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Is this champ? Is champ there? See YouTube thread

20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

My Sena 10S has been great! 7 years of perfect service! Same for my wife’s Sena 20.