1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperMotoCross?

Discussion in 'General' started by Circacee, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

WTF? "SuperMoto" is right in the name, and not one bit of pavement or a slick tire to be found? Whomever thought up the name for this should be dragged to Metet and forced to cornerwork for the whole event.

G2G likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Super Moto isn't the proper term for dirtbikes on pavement, that is Super Motard. It's like the fools who ignore the S in GSXR calling them gixxxers.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You hush your mouth

samizx7, G2G and Circacee like this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

You can’t just go around calling people ‘tards, Mongo!

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Damn and I got all excited for a minute. Oh well no supermoto.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Motard is the french term, translate it. :D

I'd actually be happy if we went back to SuperBiker's personally.

stk0308 and skidooboy like this.
  8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

super motard is french as stated above... get with the lingo... WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE, IN THIS COUNTRY. NO TICKY, NO LAUNDRY! Ski

9. skidooboy

they are doing this new series, to compete with the newly formed world supercross. the problem is, these guys hardly get a break now between sx, and mx, and back to sx... this is not what they need. sx is 17 races in 18 weeks. then a SHORT BREAK, and mx starts up with 12 or more events. plus the monster cup (if they have it anymore). Villapoto, and Mitch Payton were talking about how Feld, the AMA etc... need to give these guys a break. now we get this. going to be a shit show. already have guys coming out of retirement for world sx. and guys only racing sx, and avoiding mx due to the higher pay vs risk. just getting insane. Ski

10. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Sounds like Feld is trying to stop the teams and top riders from doing SX only contacts by temping them with a lot of money that they can only get by racing SX and MX.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

more MX and more purse money is good for the sport & sponsors. Also riders choosing what series they can get paid for is awesome.

12. skidooboy

Factory teams only have so much time and budgets to race the current 2 series. then you look at the timing... no time to heal from injuries, no time to develop new bikes. the ROI for sponsors, really isnt that great unless you are hooked to the factory teams. this will just dilute the field to more or less, the factories, and those paying for their own rides/privateer riders in the series. ie: diluting the competition, eliminating satellite type teams. I really dont see this as a good thing for usa mx/sx. Ski

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can too! I got my official tard card as a kid :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We don't remotely speak English here :crackup:

skidooboy likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not a term so much as a title, so like any other name use use the proper name.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

AMA Pro Supermoto in the US?
    KTM/Husky refer to their role specific machines as Supermotos.
    Google corrects you from "US Supermotard" to "US Supermoto" when searching.
    FIM calls it Supermoto...

RightSideUp likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because they all do it doesn't make it right :D

18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Annnnd we’ve come full circle to your tard card…:D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator