1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copilot jumped out mid flight

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I believe that's "nerd" Dave.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

F U nerd!!

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Anyone else google Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University last night, fall into some fascinating rabbit hole of learning, and come away profoundly impressed? Just me? Lol.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

What goes up must come down. Simple physics.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

tell that to Voyager 1

ebastaard and G 97 like this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Edit : Wrong space craft...my bad.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8. Venom51

I was thinking about Columbia but Voyager is still in space. That does bring to light other questions. How do we know it's not going in the down direction of space? Does space have a down direction?

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

It was a great school. I truly learned a lot there but am glad I got the partying out of my system by going to University of Vermont for a year and a half first. My problem is I graduated with a degree in aeronautical science a year after 9/11. There would be no jobs for years so we all pretty much walked away from flying at that time.

Yzasserina likes this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Always gotta be an exception. :D

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

V-GINY?

pickled egg likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I bet the dude was new and freaked out, and tried for the pond that was on approach but missed.

Either that or his side gig was drug running, he messed that up, and the main pilot was the enforcer.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I wouldn't rule out freaking out being worried about getting a blemish on his record and having his aviation career end before it started.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

you mean like it actually did?

16. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I always get $200k in cash before I jump out mid-flight.

Robin172 and Banditracer like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Certain times of the year it is actually getting closer to the earth. That means "down" as far as I know.

18. Venom51

If you are standing on another planet is the direction heading towards earth still the down direction? Seems to me this is the view point of a people convinced they are the center of the universe.

auminer likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I am. What's your point?

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Neat. I went and looked it up, and yeah both the Voyagers are traveling at about 35,000mph with respect to the Sun whereas the Earth's orbital velocity is about 67,000mph - so yeah, for a portion of the year we're "catching up" to it. TIL.

auminer likes this.