1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specifically how and where are these Baggers always leaking from?

Discussion in 'General' started by solson1041, Aug 1, 2022.

1. solson1041

solson1041 Well-Known Member

How is it possible?

With all the money and professional mechanics associated with that god forsaken King of the Baggers class, how in the hell are they always leaking oil? I can understand growing pains and oddball problems, but this is a pattern. Where is that oil coming from?

Is it crank case breathers after the rings let go? are the engine cases built to such terrible tolerances a gasket can't seal it? Do hoses come off?

Specifically what is happening? This is insane.

FastByKids and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Do they have bellypans?

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i think it's a cool class, awesome to see these riders goin FAST on 600+ lb machines, and it appears to have a fan base .. but the problems they create is getting a bit silly.
    Saw a post on FB where a rider at the pro race trying to sleep, had to deal with the Sands guys breaking in a motor at 1 in the morning, and blasting music. this went on for hours and from what was posted, was not the first event this has gone on.. worse than the cheap/loud generator folks. lol!
    Edit: i'm of the reasonable assumption, that if warned, these guys would stop the late night crap so folks can get some sleep.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    FastByKids and G 97 like this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yes, but ...

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dirt bag Indian riders and teams ruining the neighborhood again. :crackup:

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Tradition...

Leaking tractors are always going to be leaky tractors. They tried to fix it with the V-Rod but the ever forward thinking customer base missed the bikes ability to mark its territory.

R Acree, Trainwreck and Steeltoe like this.
  7. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Oops, we did an 1125R Buell that way in 2011 at Road America when we blew up in practice. Walt drove down to Buell and got a fresh motor to bring back from Michael Tjon which got installed and fired up at about 1am. We shut all the lights off and covered everything up pretty quick! Qualified, and raced the rest of the weekend.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

No loud music going though!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It seems to be from the engines.

Trainwreck likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What...no loud music and no pool of beer on the ground to get one of those things to break traction while parked against a non-moveable object. What kind of freaking Harley guys does the Moto America have?

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

It's 'Been' different after market parts, used by different teams all with common failures.
    My advice was a single homogolated part for critical components that are failing,, that 'All' teams must use.
    weirdly compensating sprockets and primary drive shit.

418 and MELK-MAN like this.
  12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

My Bud has a non-leaking Harley...of course he fabbed all the gaskets himself.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:D

cav115 and backbone like this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That'd work too!

15. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

KW just blasted MA over on Instagram.

16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I get the resentment but this is the second time that factory backed HD has leaked. At RA, it leaked as well. Not a good look.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. FastByKids

Yes, he is a racer and wants the title.

However, when I read about a Jr Cup kid taking a flight and he thinks it was bagger oil, makes you think about consequences for others.

Circacee likes this.
  18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Ouch.. Who was it?

19. FastByKids

AveryDreher

20. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

would he feel the same way if he lost a SBK title due to slipping on oil leaked by a Bagger?