1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 06 | Prosecco DOC Czech Round | 29 - 31 JUL

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Was he friends with his sponsor?

2. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

It looked like Iker had hte same issue on the Honda in the last few laps, no? I saw him sit up on the start/finish straight and go through the turn 1 runoff area with what looked to be a flat rear tire.

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. Quicktoy

I thought it looked low too. So GG, Iker and Locatelli all low or flat tires? That’s no bueno.
    Paging @Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I saw him dive and thought he was worried about incoming. Saw a study once that says you are better to be down and run over than standing and hit (of course both suck). Totally called for a race ban. Not only is it incredibly poor sportsmanship it endangers corner workers because you are being an ass.

koth442 likes this.
  5. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I didn't see what happened to Garrett. It looked like he was going to get Axel in a few laps. Was super pumped for him. Lost him last lap and saw him barely cruising back into pit lane I think.

But yes, Iker had a flat. I was in the right place at the right time for a little parking lot repair work once they decided not to roll it back to the pits on a flat.

Attached Files:

Quicktoy and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Per Redding. Not sure if there was something up or what. Saw him and his wife fly up to his garage on the scooter and blitz in before anyone could even give a cheer. Seemed to be flat out ignoring everyone all week. Whatever.

7. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Caught up. Guess he had a few reasons to be pissed this weekend.

No timing tower or TV at the track anywhere.

8. Quicktoy

Thanks @YoshiHNS for the pic and the stories. I’m sure Pirelli doesn’t want that pic out there ;)

9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Well this photo is on the WSBk site. Seems the teams and/or Pirelli pushed the limit with the new pavement. Edit: or maybe something was on the track.
    5217E378-FF99-41CE-B63D-BD5DE872E91A.jpeg

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow his looks worn to the cords! I wonder if the right side of GGs is the same.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well it wasn’t all the bolts that rattled loose from the baggers, WSBK isn’t running such foolishness.

KneeDragger_c69, moto316 and prm like this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Hearing them talk about summer break all I could think was "when the fuck isn't this series on a break?" They have maybe 2 back to back weekends on the whole calendar.

MyWayGuy, koth442 and prm like this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I actually thought the same. But then it occurred to me they actually run more races than any other series I can think of. Just across fewer weekends so the weekends themselves are more spread out.

Chino52405 likes this.
  14. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

umm nope dont see any cords, this is what cords on a pirelli look like

[​IMG]

15. moto316

they werent allowed to run the SCX outside of superpole and the superpole race this weekend, id be surprised if the sc0 was still too soft, but yea that tire looks proper fu*ked, if i remember correctly garrett was still going fast and gaining on the person ahead so it doesnt seem like he caught a slow leak but a puncture that deflated the tire quickly

koth442 likes this.
  16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Thats what it looks like ...

17. moto316

I assumed that outer edge was dust/dirt that didnt get cleaned up while it was ridden/wheeled back into the paddock, but you could be right.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If someone is giving you a bunch of money to go racing they sure as hell are friends of yours. :crackup:

koth442 likes this.