1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay!!

Discussion in 'General' started by sanee, May 19, 2022.

1. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

I posted something to sell on ebay a few weeks back. Its been years since ive sold something on there. No one bidded and auction ended. No biggie. Yesterday i get notice that someone bought it!! How is that possible? I cant seem to get in touch with ebay to investigate. As off today this person has supposedly paid and im suppose to ship item to them. Anyone dealt with this before? No i dont want to sell it

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Is the money in your PayPal? This smells phishy.

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Oh it sound so scamy for sure which is why im here. When i set up the listing funds were suppose to go straight to my checking account. I see nothing yet. The help portal sucks. Even the live assistant tab is horrible

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ebay will just keep re-listing your item. Unless you check a certain box or some shit when you create the listing.

To see if its sold and to whom, go to MY EBAY and then SELLING. There you can see what you have selling/sold. And the funds will stay with ebay until you ship. You can see that under your dashboard as well.

thunderalley3 and Sudowoodo like this.
  5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i did notice that once the auction ended and i could relist but i never did. I see who bought it and what i have to do now but was just curious how this happened. Guessing im just fucked now and have to ship the item cause no matter what i do im gonna be fined. fuck

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No tickee...no shirtee.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet the email you got about it is a scam phishing for your info and it didn't actually sell.

BigBird likes this.
  8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yeah ive been so back and fourth with this all day.

9. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

there new ebay pay is bullshit i stop selling there and just use facebook sucker burger or here to sell shit LOL

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i did and it does say that its sold. My only question is im not sure how it got listed!! After the auction ended i logged in to check my account it didnt say anything regarding it being active. I think im going to ditch this buyer and let him know his shit isnt coming or should i just ignore it. Granted i feel like im going to pay some fine if i ignore

11. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

You should be able to go into the completed listing and hit "cancel sale/refund buyer" or something to that effect, it will give you a few reasons to choose from. With Ebay managed payments you won't see that money in your account for several days depending on what you chose for a payout schedule.

ducnut and R/T Performance like this.
  12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

of course they want $64 in fee credits. fucking ebay

13. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

such bullshit they suck now i got a damaged tailgate handle and the seller isn't responding amazon going to crush them soon

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I quit selling on there last year when they started requiring ssn for tax reporting.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

You didnt go to ebay from the link in the email did you? If you did, change all your passwords asafp.

Also unlink your checking account asap. Open a basic one at ANOTHER BANK and link to that one. Never link your primary one to ebay or paypal. I made that mistake once. Paypal totally fubared my checking account somehow and the bank locked it up. Had to get a new account number, new checks and go through and make sure all is back to the way it was.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Bumping this up for another ebay question. Looking to buy some rearsets that are sold out in the US, but this gentleman from Latvia claims to have them. He's got good feedback, and sourcing OEM parts for BMW and other European brands is clearly his game but he's asked me to not buy through ebay and only through Paypal (I'll be paying for goods and services only, obviously - wouldn't do F&F with him in a million years, and to be fair he didn't ask for that).

His reasoning makes sense, but the combination of Eastern European + unusual transaction gets my "scam" vibes going. So, is there more risk here than a normal transaction, or will Paypal insurance/coverage make it so I'm pretty well covered if this guy tries to fleece me?

Here's the email he replied with when I asked why this wasn't going through ebay:

"Hello [future mark],
    it's very easy - PayPal transaction is beneficial for both parties: you get a lower price, and we avoid huge e-bay's fees,
    our experienced clients ask about deal via PayPal only,
    and , please don't worry, your money is protected by PayPal buyer's protection program.

Kind regards"

17. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I think you're fine....I just sold a tank on ebay.....$240+ $50 shipping...Ebay took $42, that's like 15% right off the rip...And then when i get my 'monthly' sales statement from ebay, they'll take even more money from my linked 'special ebay only' checking account. Ebay is my last resort to sell shit anymore.

I definitely get what the seller is wanting to do.

P.S....I had a set of Aprilia forged rims for $1600 the other day on ebay...I got an offer and cryptically msgd the guy to avoid the ebay msg police, and told him to find me on the Ape forum or FB marketplace where they were also listed. And he did, and we made the deal outside of ebay, but thru PP goods/services and fully insured international (Canada) shipping via UPS.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I've bought and sold several items in the last 24 months that were listed on Ebay, but did the actual transaction off-site to avoid ebay fees. Sellers and buyers are getting creative sending phone numbers and email addresses through Ebay without getting caught by the message police. I've had no issues thus far.

For items I sell through Ebay, I mark them up 30% to cover Ebay fees and "free shipping", it's the only way to get a fair price at the end of the line.

gapman789 and SuddenBraking like this.