1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone call recording app

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Jul 30, 2022.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I find myself needing to hold more and more businesses accountable for their actions, shitty service, false statements, etc, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for an iPhone call recording app? Based on App Store reviews, most are complete scams or just don't work.

Ideally, it would be an app that doesn't make an announcement that the call is being recorded, but not a huge deal if it does. I don't need transcriptions. Paid apps are fine. I want to record inbound and outbound.

Whatcha got?

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Might want to check your state’s laws on recording phone conversations.

3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Just leave Facebook open, it's recording everything anyway, so...:eek:

MachineR1 and SpeedWerks Racing like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Just contact a 3 letter agency..they have all the conversations already on file.

MachineR1 and 418 like this.
  5. deathwagon

WERA has 4 letters

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why not a seperate voice recording device with a 3.5mm jack??
    There are a handful of options based on file type, organization features, etc.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

This. Audio recordings are a sensitive subject in the law and can run afoul of wiretapping provisions. There are "one party consent" and "two party consent" states. Additionally, if your call involves a party in a different state then you suddenly have federal regulations to deal with.

Better to just fire businesses that you don't trust.

8. deathwagon

I'd rather not carry around an additional device. I haul around enough crap in my pockets already.

9. deathwagon

I'm aware of the potential legal issues, but still looking for app recommendations.

10. deathwagon

The recordings are usually for post-firing purposes.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I look forward to reading about your exploits in the “ looking for legal advice for a friend” thread.

12. deathwagon

Haha. I'm not looking to murder the pope here. Just an app recommendation. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday when everyone is at work, getting paid to BS on the beeb.

chobes, Razr and A. Barrister like this.
  13. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

Most states are "one party consent", so you can record your calls with other parties without their knowledge or consent. California, is different........ two party consent is required; same for Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Washington.

beac83 likes this.
  14. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Disclaimer - this isn't legal advice, so you can't name me as the expert in your "looking for legal advice for a friend" post.

Put your iPhone on speaker and try the built-in voice/memo recorder. Works fine on iMac/MacBook.

15. deathwagon

That’s a great idea, but it appears the evil fruit empire disables the voice recorder when a call is active.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why? Does it interfere with their recording process?

Hell, most of the times I call customer support for any assistance, they mention that the call may be recorded for "quality assurance", so simply mention that your calls are being recorded. Most people will not hang up. If they do, fire them, you know they are up to something.

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Many IP based PBX's (company phone systems) have call recording as a built-in option. Most states require the notice of recording and you can hang up if you don't like it.

Its hard to find software to do that on an iPhone.

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Requires a second phone or MP3 voice recorder as a recording device?