1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Americas G.O.A.T.

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I had just moved to Daytona at the time to go to Embry Riddle and wasn’t into bikes yet but we were at 600 north and heard about a fight with one of the main 200 guys at Razzles. I didn’t know at the time what a big deal it would turn out to be.

As far as him partying at a strip club, I ain’t mad at him, I was in lollipops all the time because I dated a bunch of the dancers there and was friends with most of the managers and cops who hung out there. I’d just laugh seeing him preaching Jesus at Jennings after I had seen him partying down a few times.

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

When I say he whooped mladdin, I’m talking about all the championships he won over him. Not the battles non stop on every race. They were always neck and neck but Spies’ race craft seemed to be the better over the seasons.

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I thought Crystal Bernard dated Fast Freddie?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you mean Ski not Scott. Scott wasn't/isn't religious that I know of.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I meant an American that didn't achieve enough worldwide to be an American GOAT.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think we're talking about the same thing. He can't compete with the guys on the shortlist (Lawson, Roberts, Rainey…).

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely not. On track at his peak he might have been able to but looking at history and what he accomplished, nope.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m a huge Scott Russell fan but he doesn’t belong in this conversation.
    Both Kenny Roberts Jr. & Nicky Hayden deserve mention prior to Russell. I would also place Doug Chandler ahead.

fastfreddie likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Nope. But Fat Fast Freddie did date a Miss LA or Miss America, or at least someone along those lines.

Yamaha even did a poster with Crystal for the FZR600. It said something like "You Don't Need WINGS To Fly," where the word wings was the logo from the TV show. Obviously, a jab towards Brand H.

t500racer likes this.
  10. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

I still have that poster,Laguna late 80's or early 90's

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If you're talking Americans on the world stage, Freddie Spencer did more than Schwantz. Freddie won two 500cc titles to Schwantz' one title. Not to mention the fact that Freddie won both the 500 and 250 titles in 1985. Being able to compete at the world championship level on two different bikes on every GP weekend speaks of an immense talent. I like them both for different reasons, but the numbers show Freddie beats Schwantz.

fastfreddie and G 97 like this.
  12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Nicky would have kicked both of those geezers in the nuts and did donuts around them while they writhed on the floor holding their junk. He’d be holding both the checkered flag and the American flag on one arm whilst doing it. :D

they may have the titles but Nicky was the better rider. Period.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:confused:
    Eddie Lawson says hello. Also Nicky had the shortest GP career than all of who you listed.

14. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Okay...I Get Cha..
    Even with my accolades directed at Eddie Lawson.

THERE IS STILL ONE MAN AND ONE MAN ONLY THAT STANDS ABOVE ALL. A man who attained more World titles by the age of 25 then all others combined got so bored with them he returned them all, and ask that his name be stripped from all record books. He beat Kenny Roberts once in his prime by over 2 minutes a lap..
    QUITE SIMPLY AN INCREDIBLE FEAT.
    Then not knowing what direction life would take him he did exibitions that would rival any human for the rest of time.
    This Sir... is one of his prime examples..

Razr likes this.
  15. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Nicky is my all time favorite rider. Mainly because he was a great rider who also had a level of character that few if any could match. I think he won more on the American stage than most, but not in the world championships. As an all-around motorcycle racer and human being, Nicky gets my vote as the American GOAT.

Razr likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Having actually seen all of them race in person, you are wrong.

mike w likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why would you even engage? :rolleyes:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Figure I'll never continue the conversation so it was a quick post as I was cruising through :D

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I did find it funny as I typed, this is one there is no point is wasting time on even if I had the time. Some people it's just poke fun and leave.