1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidi Rex vs Mag 1

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I am coming from Vortices, and while they are untouchable protection wise (ask me how I know) I can't stand the bulkiness and the sacrifice of comfort any longer.

Would appreciate pointers on fit (if different from Vortices). My perfect fit would be a 47.5, so I buy 48s and tighten then as much as I can but the sole doesn't feel snug enough.
    Which boots feel lighter and more comfortable - for track/racing.

Thanks!

2. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Consider posting on the Sportbiketrackgear forum and ask them. They have been helpful to me when wanting comparisons.

malik ross likes this.
  3. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

i feel like mag one has been replace by rex. i had a set of mag one but to get width the foot was to long.
    I now have supertech r and doubt i could ever wear anything differnt comfort and protection. the fit work better for me. the completly smooth extrior of the A* is snag free.

4. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I just ditched A* SMX Plus for Mag-1 Air. The plastic crap around the heels of that model A* was catching on crap. The Rex appeared to have more stuff on the inside so I went with Mag-1 Air. Haven’t ridden in them to comment yet.

5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I don't have much to compare to for current offerings, but I love my Mag 1s. Comfy, feels protective (for whatever that's worth), no problem shifting with it, and have held up great for a couple seasons.

The best you've had is the best you know, but I'm very happy with them.

6. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I have both boots. I like the Mag 1 Air better solely because of the fact that on the Rex, that vertical part you see on the side will sometimes get caught on the heel guard of my rear sets. Strange that it only happens on one of my bikes so you might not have that problem. Particularly the left one when I'm leaning and pick my foot up to shift.

Protection from both are great.

7. Mike Lafayette

Mike Lafayette Well-Known Member

I too have the Mag 1's and I have wide feet and they suck comfort wise! I had them stretched at a cobbler shop more than once, I should have never bought them. I also have some older Vortices that fit like a glove because they sold "mega" sizes (I think that is what they were called) that were wider than the non-mega. I wear the Mag 1's but now that all of my suits go over the boots I may go back to the Vortices as they will be less likely to catch on the rearsets.

8. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

I absolutely love my Sidi rex boots. If I ride I'm wearing them.

I too had a pair of vortices in the past and I went the same size as I had in those and the rex fit perfectly

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I had the Vortice and loved them.
    Got my gear stolen when my SUV was stolen (all my gear in it)

Had to buy new boots and since Vortice is discontinued, I had to go to the Rex model.

The comfort is much better than the Vortice but to slide your foot in is hard and out is a real bi@tch !!! o_O:confused::confused:

Took the same size as the Vortice and fit seems to be about the same (maybe Rex a bit tighter but then again, they are brand new)

Hope it helps.

10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone!