1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Required RE: Racing Incident

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, Jun 23, 2022.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Yes ma'am. No ma'am. :bow:

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

She can slap me I kinda like it

the relic room and Gino230 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, huh?

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Since you run a racing Org, she's asking what the best approach would be to get some action taken against this out of control rider.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I didn't know you were fluent in Yzass.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah, gave that advice in the beginning.

Now as to what would happen if he raced with us... We've had this kind of thing although not quite as egregious with the attitude as riders are doing dangerous things. Granted you guys can't hear each other as well either. But he'd have gotten talked to at the event and a letter from mom for the first blatant incident. Second incident - which by the way wouldn't take more than even a simple mistake on the riders part rather than being something as bad as the first - would be suspension for the remainder of the season/6months/whatever we think would get his attention. If there is any hint of any issue following that they would never race with us again. And yes the orgs do talk to each other about this kind of thing - luckily I can't even remember the last time it happened.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Ironically, according to his contract, he was not allowed to race the event where he caused my injury. He had to get special permission from KTM to do so.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ohhh Reeeeaaaaallllly.

Time to send them a nasty gram from Dewey, Cheatem & Howe. That might get their attention.

Blah blah blah, history of these type of incidents....blah blah blah KTM in an actionable position....blah blah blah....liability.....etc etc etc...

sdg and E Reed like this.
  10. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Thing is everyone sees the incident in road racing, not the case off-road.

t500racer likes this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

There’s a beeb member who once posted here quite a few years ago. Heck of a nice young lady too. Last I heard, she’s pretty high up in KTM USA. Wonder if she’s aware of this issue.

t500racer likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the standard of proof would be different but in this instance I think we're all okay with agreeing he did it.

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Like I said, enduro courses are tight and have slow spots around certain obstacles.

Part of my rehab from injury, to get over my mental trauma, would be to hang out around one of the obstacles and “help” any rider that “needed” it.

YamahaRick, t500racer and gonriding like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

This.

Colorable claims get people all hot and bothered.

15. six6two

six6two AWD

Cops…? Lawyers……?

Sounds like a lot of y’all seriously need to sell the bikes.. and go golf!

FastByKids, MELK-MAN and evakat like this.
  16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Apparently we're already infected with golfers...

I've never sought legal council for anything in my 54 years, but if I was the OP I absolutely would. Only sure way to inflict pain without getting yourself jailed.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Really, how would you suggest dealing with another rider who seriously injurs other racers without seemingly any regard for anything other than his own race?

Sudowoodo and Banditracer like this.
  18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone hasn't read the whole thread,and skipped over.

backbone, tgold, Jed and 3 others like this.
  19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

BINGO ! !

FastByKids likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You know this puke and his enabling parents would break the speed of sound filing suit if someone tuned little precious up for the shit he pulled.

Rebel635, backbone, RRP and 4 others like this.