1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Everything about this post made me giggle.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hell with that.

We need a 2-wheeled triathlon!

Flat track
    Trials
    Roadracing

Now that would be both country AND western.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I miss the TT and Superbiker races

stk0308 likes this.
  4. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

What does TT stand for, and what defines it? Do you know? I do. At least as it was back in the day here in the US.

6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They still run the Peoria TT....it might be under water this year, but it's still going.

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Tourist Trophy is what TT stands for.
    In America, it's a flat track race that includes at least one right turn and one jump.

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Absolutely. But to declare that he would do no better than Dovizioso is a bold statement. Isn't Darrin Binder doing better than Dovizioso? And I do remember a rookie named Ben Spies who did okay on a satellite team 12 years ago.

9. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

We also really need to take into account what Toprack is getting out of that Yamaha compared to all the other guys on the bike. Gerloff and Locatelli are floundering back and Nozane is basically just showing up at this point. TR54 is clearly in a league of his own with that machine.

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  10. stk0308

As I understand it, originally, didn't even have to be a jump. Just a change of altitude.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

cpettit likes this.
  12. stk0308

Locatelli is 4th in the championship. Hardly at the back.

Trainwreck likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

While I don't necessarily disagree with you.. Locatelli has finished all the races and that's helped him big time. Looking at his points, finishing positions, and gap to leader results you get the following (quick math)

Average finish is outside of the top 5 (6.46)
    On average crosses the line at over 15 seconds behind the leader.
    One podium
    One 0 points finish
    79 points behind P3

Maybe JR65, AB19, and TR54 are just in a class of their own this year... However, Toprack can crash out of the entire next round and finish P3 at Paul Ricard. and Locatelli would have to win every single one of those races to surpass him in the championship. (that's moving from P4 to P3 in the standings) We are 5 rounds into a 12 round season.

That's floundering to me.

15. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

I certainly expect him to be around the Top 10 most of the time as a rookie. What I think most people are trying to figure out, myself included: Is it better to stay a king in WSBK or a go to MotoGp and maybe never be more than a member of the royal court.... True though, he may still be a king.....

Other than BMW, all the factory "number 2 riders" are floundering this year.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I guess that depends on the individual and their career goals/ambitions. Some guys grow up wanting to be MotoGP champion (e.g. Hayden). Some don't (Spies and, apparently, Razgatlioglu) and end up there due to circumstances (i.e being really, really good).

MyWayGuy likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Nice find!

When I went from bike racing to Formula Ford, I remember giggling in my helmet during my first laps at how much easier it was to drive a car than race a bike.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That was awesome.