1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do we let France be a country

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jul 20, 2022.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Was? The dude is still getting gigs on TV and is STILL just as annoying.

pickled egg likes this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Hang on a second, one can't let that one just go by.

Is this that you consider Cobain a <cough!> 'good' singer?

...or just a Seattle singer?

Just be warned, a certain singer of a canadian trio may be hence lambasted. :D

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Cobain had great lyrics and his stage presence really defined the grunge movement. He definitely had the angst. I'm not a fan per se and of the three I named, he was certainly not the best vocalist. But he sucked less than Vedder that's for sure.
    I'm not going to comment the rest of your post :rolleyes: :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pearl scam didn’t kill thrash. :confused: they drove a nail into the coffin of hair metal and the mtv metal bands but thrash got bigger when the grungies took over.

And how can anyone be upset that Poison, warrant, winger and white snake died the day Nirvana hit mtv?

cha0s#242 and R1Racer99 like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The owners of Aqua Net sure as fuck took a hit in the old pocketbook when the Miss Clairol Crüe got the passenger pigeon treatment.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

The Crüe rocks your lame ass world. :rock:

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hair nation, baby!!! :p

9. cha0s#242

Grunge's greatest achievement is killing off those Cherry Pie eating motherfuckers. Great White can (and did) suck dicks !

G 97 and pickled egg like this.
  10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Never understood anyone liking Great White. They blew/blow.

11. cha0s#242

Just came back to say Warrant did Cherry Pie, and not Great White, although they both sucked big ones. A guy from Warrant even admitted being sorry for releasing this steaming turd unto the public and therefore killing glam...

12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Audioslave was excellence. It was everything RATM couldn't be, which is a really good band.

smooth and pickled egg like this.
  15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Got me there man. I REALLY hated those guys. I’ll lump Guns’n Roses in there with em. Dave you might like “Murder in the Front Row”, I know hardcore punk is your thing but that doc has some really good old footage of thrash in its infancy. Good times!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ve become a huge Slayer, exodus and Metallica fan. Always liked Anthrax and some of the more obscure bands. Even warming up to some of the crossover bands (even if it is a bit silly). I’m not adverse to Thrash (saw Metallica first show in NJ with Kirk).

but man, I just can’t listen to Mustaine. Just shuts off my brain.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

And Steve, gonna get myself a fatwa from the thrash community and I’ve been mulling this over for awhile but, Repentless was Slayer’s best album. :D

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Folks, Dave's "off" that he had going WFO into Gravity Cavity many decades ago has made him not right. At least that's my excuse for him.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rick, I listen to a lot of alt country and blue grass anymore. :D

20. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I went to a few of their shows before they called it quits, they would play tunes off Repentless and get a “meh” from the crowd, but I thought it was great. Just saw Exodus, Testament and Death Angel a few months ago, going again in September. Dude was in a hoveround in the pit- hilarious!Edit- I’m with ya on Mustaine. I like some of their music but if I could silence that guy it’d be way better.