1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE DAYS @ Mid-Ohio. Who is attending?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jul 14, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

mong.JPG
    legends

JJJerry likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2 out of 3 for sure.

3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

2 legends and 1 dude who's trying to ruin motorcycle racing!!!

SundaySocial and henry_carlson like this.
  4. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

My FB feed is blowing up with a bunch of Ken's and Karen's complaining about the shenanigans.

That means only one thing: Team Miller definitely going next year! Especially since we are reasonable close. :D

5. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I road in V6LW. Racing was great!! There were alot of vintage bikes so every practice and race there were vintage bikes to dice with from my class or similar classes.

6. dave3593

I happen to be in an observation areas when the dude on the CBX in V5 came onto the pit side straightaway, slid the back end then went into a tank slapper. He stayed up, wow.

I learned I should not go to the swap meet. I bought a vintage pit bike.

FastByKids likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Was there any racing on Sunday?

8. dave3593

Yes, the whole schedule.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

There goes the 2023 attendance numbers…

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This was my first VMD and I had a blast. Never ridden the track before Friday so I had a bit of a tough time wrestling the ZX10R around. None the less, all of my races were really fun. Managed to get up and bang around with a few white plates. Track is super fun but man is it slick! lol ...and I'm a Grattan local.

Definitely planning to come back for 2023.. Only suggestion for improvement is to try and keep the water off the whole time.. Letting it rain on Saturday was kind of ignorant.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Robby Ringnalda - not sure what he broke in that triple high side gravel trap save but originally through his slowing down was due to unclean leathers... Can't believe he pulled that off.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And part of the Saturday schedule :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I will absolutely take that into consideration and I do truly appreciate the thoughtful input :D

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd just resurrect this one. I have never been to vintage days and I have some questions:

1. Has anyone ever road raced and raced their dirtbike in the same weekend? I'd like to road race and race my DT250 and my YZ250
    2. I'd like to do a vintage motocross race on my DT250. What sanctioning body does that?
    3. I'd also like to do a hare scramble that weekend. Is my 2003 YZ250 too new to race that weekend? Who's sanctions the hare scramble race that weekend?
    4. Is there flat track racing that weekend?
    5. Can all of this be done within the grounds of Mid Ohio?

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've done the hare scramble at VMD while also serving as pit crew on the road race side of things.
    All of the off-road events are run by the AMA and everything is done through the vintage motorcycle days website. The onsite process of registration has a lot of steps, even if you are pre-registered.
    I don't know anything about the flat track racing. It is offsite and I have not attended it.

If you have questions about the hare scramble, I can try to answer those. It is only a 1 hr race as opposed to the usual 2 hours of most hare scrambles. There is a class for modern bikes so there is definitely a class you can race the '03 in. The hare scramble is on Friday and the time depends on which class you are running. The older stuff is in the early race and the more modern bikes are in the afternoon race.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My son and I are thinking about doing it next year. He has a 97 RMX250 and I've got a 96 YZ250. I just hope I'm not too wiped out to race on Saturday:D

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

The MX is going to conflict with road racing as it takes place Sat and Sun (depending which class you are in).
    If you are road racing, you will want to camp in the road race paddock. The campground where the dirty people stay gets pretty nuts and also muddy.

Also that 03 Yz250 would fall into the Revolution 2 class.

18. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Yes. Have to keep an eye out for barrel rolling golf carts if you go wandering around.

19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I’ve raced both but not on the same weekend, I don’t see any issue with it though. I’d do road racing Sat and dirtbikes Sunday since dirt wears me out way more and I tend to crash more on dirt. The pit / paddock situation for the dirtbikes requires a lot less so I’d set up in the RR paddock and just get someone to help me take my dirt stuff over to the field with a golf cart or something.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I appreciate the responses guys. I'm looking into it.