1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn, Biaggi tossed some live fireworks inside the Ducati office floor!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I may have heard about whatever this is referring to, but I don’t remember knowing.

Sounds like a Rossi fanboy was not so nice. Can you please fill me in when you have a moment, or throw up some links?

2. Boman Forklift

Welcome back, evidently @HPPT said I was holding down the love Stoner, bag on Rossi fanboys, fort for you. You may reestablish your position, as the king of that argument.

3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Me too.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

After a race in which Rossi beat Biaggi, things got agitated on the way to the podium where Biaggi appeared with a cut under his eye. He said it was a mosquito bite. The rumor that the Ucccios masturbated to for 20 years was that Biaggi was mad about losing, things got heated and Rossi punched him. Turns out Biaggi was mad because Rossi's entourage crowded the place: he had four people there when only two were allowed. And one of them, the guy carrying the helmet, made a sudden move, turning around in the staircase which caught Biaggi by surprise and cut him in the face. For years, he just said "no comment" on the incident and Rossi seemed happy to let people believe that there had been a fight. Biaggi only recently spoke up on what really happened.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  5. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I’m not going to read all this but I have a question: is there proof this happened or just Biaggi saying it did?

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I think that scuffle was sort of shown in “Faster”. It happened behind a stairwell door, but there was a commotion and Biaggi comes out looking like he got punched.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be the same one I'm talking about. I was always very skeptical that anyone got punched and still went to the podium. Biaggi seems to support my suspicion.

I'm sure there was a lot of arguing and maybe even shoving but it was probably a bitch fight when all was said and done.

8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The both of them probably had a combined weight of 170 pounds, so I'm sure the fisticuffs only bruised egos and nothing else lol

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rossi still GOAT

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  10. Linker48X

i was asking about the “the only reason I didn’t win the world championship was I was robbed” stuff, but the stuff about “an accidental cut on the face versus getting punched” points out the problem here, which is, who to believe, and does he always tell the truth?

11. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

biaggi never said he was punched. in fact, in a literal sense he said he wasn't punched. the world assumed that rossi (or one of rossi's crew) punched him, and both riders were fine to let that assumption live, but when asked directly about it by a reporter immediately afterward, he said "it was nothing, like a mosquito bite"

12. Linker48X

First of all, I don't really care about this stuff at all, except that it is all so Italian, so Biaggi, if you will.

But my question remains, for those who apparently DO care, is there any independent verification of either thing--possibly ruined world championship hopes, or punch in the face/bump in the face with a helmet--is there any third party who was there, who can definitely himself say, "yes that happened"? Or is Biaggi the only person saying this happened (or in the case of the punch, didn't happen)?

I'd be especially interested in any third party verification concerning the claim that Ducati ruined his world championship chances. The "somebody punched Biaggi"/"no, someone inadvertently bumped me with a helmet that had an open shield" stuff isn't really that interesting to me, except insofar as it goes to his credibility.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

hell yes

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Biaggi was colorful and entertaining, which is why we're talking about him.
    Whenever I think of him I picture him holding that sword for a photo shoot.

t500racer likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, so far, I haven't seen denials from Rossi, Bayliss, Ducati, or anyone else. And I know they all got Internets.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey, Biaggi got the websites a lot of clicks and clicks make the world spin. True, false, somewhere in the middle or who cares, the internets won.

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, it’s telling how both parties were perfectly content with allowing the rumors to circulate. Both sides got what they wanted out of it. The real lame aspect of it all is it’s so WWE. :Puke:

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

When you think of it, it was 14 years ago, so maybe the pasta eating mofos in Bologna just thought "Al diavolo !"

19. Boman Forklift

So Rossi was a little bitch and acted tough when he wasn’t? Interesting. Thank you for explaining.

BTW did I read at some time you were the one that came up with the term Uccios?

20. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: