1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That’s pretty kick ass! :up:

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

SteveThompson likes this.
  3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Spooner likes this.
  4. Spooner

I agree they really don’t get much love but make some beautiful watches. For me they are a bit on the dressy side and being someone who rarely dresses up it makes it the watch I just don’t put on anymore. I was checking out there site last night and they make some killer new stuff but I have an eye on a new Tudor for myself.

Jedb likes this.
  5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Spooner likes this.
  6. Spooner

Yeah I was pretty surprised! It’s just not a super well known brand so I wasn’t sure what resale would be or how many people would even be searching for them.

7. Jedb

Recently serviced 6138-8020
    Seiko Panda on original bracelet!

Very excited to have this one back.

IMG_7482.jpg

Jed, Spooner, ChemGuy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spooner

A1AEC4E7-B83E-47F5-84E2-B1D529AB24F0.jpeg Well I finally got a Tudor GMT today. I’ve been lusting after it since they came out a couple years back and a moment of weakness took over haha!

Hawk518, PATBAROK, vfrket and 6 others like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks good!!!!! Those and the Rolex's like that blow my dress up.

I will say I'm digging the 'cheapo" swatch omega's. I'm thinking that might be the first "expensive watch to me", that I purchase.

Jed likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I love Tudors and that one is killah. Just can’t get past the penis hour arm.

Tudor just throws in enough wtfs that I can’t give them my money.

11. Spooner

I’m used to them from my ranger haha! I keep trying to get into omegas and Rolexes, etc but for me Tudor nails the full aesthetic that catches my eye so I keep coming back.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, they just fix some small things and I’m full in. Might even switch from an IWC fanboy to Tudor. :D

and yeah, I soooo want to love the ranger. It ticks all the boxes except for the wang hands. :D

13. Spooner

It’s funny because I just can’t get into IWC at all but that’s why we have so many choices haha! My AD is a big fan of them and had me try some on but they just don’t make me go from 6 to midnight unfortunately.

14. Spooner

Oh and they have a new ranger that came out a few weeks back and they finally got one in but it lost a lot of the charm from the heritage ranger. I did like the 39mm size but that’s it.

15. Jedb

Another one I got back from the service place.
    Polished crystal, thorough service internally & cleaned case.
    Stopwatch returns to zero without any issues.
    I've added a new president bracelet from Uncle Seiko to the case, as the prior bracelet actually belonged on a Pogue.
    The background is the cover from the photography book "Beauty in Decay". LINK

Seiko_SlideRule.JPG

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Been drooling over that as well, but I want leather and fabric straps instead.

On the Air King thread, the latest one, yuck. Previous generation- elegant simplicity... really like those...

17. Boman Forklift

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still won't help me afford a deep sea blue but I can dream :D

19. Boman Forklift

I have no clue, how much are those and how much were they 10 years ago? It sounds like that has been one you have loved for a long time and you would probably know the older prices?

I’m just curious how crazy the market has become and I was too cheap to ever be a watch guy, although I could see getting something in the next few years.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they were/are 10k new, never really looked used or paid much attention since it's out of the realm of possibility for me.