1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corvette coveting

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Mar 20, 2021.

1. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Yeah. My favorite track for sure.

BigBird likes this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I started this thread jonesing for a C4. Ended up buying a used C6 convertible. Now I want a C7 Grand sport full zoot, with manual. I think I want a coupe instead. Seeing how the top comes off the coupe it almost makes the convertible passe. Damn, got the jones's again!

I'll add that tracking the convertible is a problem. I think I want to take it out for a "spin" on the track....just so I can compare it to what it's like on a bike. No expectations on what I can do in a car...hell I can't even be respectable anymore on a bike. Good thing I don't give a shit about appearances! :D

4. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Driving a Vette is a visceral experience. Sitting low in a V8 powered go-cart. Open the door and touch the street. Front fenders rising on each side above the hood line.
    Just enough refinement and crudeness at the same time to keep the grins coming. It will go get groceries at a smooth quiet gate or suddenly find yourself in an oh shit situation if not respected.
    I've found it to be a great economical cross country GT car as well.
    The C5

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    R1Racer99 likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I learned that the hard way grocery gettin' in winter. Hell, even summer, if the tires haven't come up to temp, whatever you're thinkin' of doing, don't...unless you know what's coming and it's exactly what you're thinking of doing.

Scott S. likes this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I sold my 17 Z06 last summer. That car was amazing. I’ve had hot rods my whole life but to have one that is so effortless with reliability , brakes and incredible handling was a first. I hope you find exactly what your looking for.

Scott S. likes this.
  7. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have a 2018 C7 Grand Sport Coupe. It is a lot of fun to drive. I have an automatic due to left knee and hip surgeries. Have no problem driving a manual but the leg goes into pain mode after about an hour and here in Raleigh, NC we have no shortage of lights and traffic. I like the Grand Sport because it has all of the suspension, brakes, and tires of the Z06 and the ZR1 without the complication of the supercharger and all of the assorted plumbing. Supposedly with the same driver it's only about .3 of a second per lap slower than a Z06 on the same track. I just know it is a hoot to drive on a twisty road.

Scott S., Steeltoe and cpettit like this.