1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Tailift by Toyota forklifts!!! Anyone need a forklift?

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

God damn, that’s what I get for trusting you. I should have treated it like a forklift purchase and checked it out. :timeforabeer::p

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

4. Resident Plarp

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Any of these pneumatic?

6. Boman Forklift

Yes the last one shown is considered Pneumatic. But now-a-days they are Solid Rubber tires but still hold the name Pneumatic.

Below I will link brochures. The main difference is in indoor use, like warehouses, most people want a cushion tire. For the same weight lifting capacity, a Pneumatic is 6 inches wider, 44 versus 50 inches wide and 13 inches longer, 95 inches on a cushion and 108 inches long on a Pneumatic.

Turning radius is 4.5 inches longer on the Pneumatic.

Ground clearance
    Cushion 4.3 inches at center 6.1 inches
    Pneumatic 4.7 inches at center 8.7 inches

So out in the open that doesn't really matter, but no matter the environment most all forklifts are scratched all over the counter weight because the drivers make turns and didn't pay attention and smack stuff.

Pneumatics are also needed if you plan to use in gravel of a dirt lot. Cushions are not used in that environment. We even have a new model Pneumatic that actually uses air tires and gives you a few extra inches clearance. Some people don't like that, however, because the forklift bounces while you drive with an air tire.

Here is the link for a cushion tire or warehouse forklift. https://www.tailift-usa.com/en/product/Z-Series-ZFG18C-30C#Function/Performance

Here is a link for a pneumatic forklift. https://www.tailift-usa.com/en/product/Z-Series-ZFG18P-36P#Specifications

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  7. Resident Plarp

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

9. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’ve gotta say , I just learned a shit Ton about something I didn’t think I ever needed to know ..... we’re all specialized in our little
    Niches , cool shit. Now I’m gonna be judgy when I see forklifts , oh that’s an outdoor unit , goddam peasants :crackup:

10. Resident Plarp

11. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

You're welcome:blart:

12. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Awesome of your to offer these up to us pleebs on here.

always wanted one, have zero actual ability to utilize one on my property.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Rubbing the counterweight can be necessary, I used to unload/reload freight cars of beer and the space in the doorway between the two loaded sides might be only 5 or 6 inches longer than the lift not including the forks. In order to work the forks into the pallet while turning into the freight car, you had to bang the shit out of the back of the lift. And that was using a double-carriage lift most of the time and often a two-pallet high load. It was not easy, the last thing we worried about was scraping paint off the lift.
    When work was slow we'd repaint the lifts and they looked great again.

I enjoyed my forklifting days, I was an awesome operator, and they let us do anything back in those days, smoke, have a drink on the lift, wear sneakers, horse around a little, burn rubber, use them to do things we shouldn't, etc. Unacceptable these days.

At one point I was the guy who got to unload all the delivery trucks when they came in off the road which required a lot of fast driving in order to keep up when the rush hit so I never came to a stop, just threw it into forward or reverse while traveling and smoked the tires until I started going in the other direction. My lift needed new drive tires every 2-3 months (solid rubber tires). We were very rough on lifts, the rental company had a mechanic assigned to our warehouse because there was seldom a day he wasn't there.
    Steve Kuberski was our salesman. They made some bank on our account.
    Good times. Paid very well too.

Can I rent one of your propane units for a week? I feel a late mid-life crisis coming on.

Rebel635 likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

I agree banging them happens a lot. Sounds like in your case they should have bought Box Car Specials. They have a rear counterweight that is much shorter, but also taller. It is designed for loading out of a warehouse into the train boxcar side and then instantly having to hang a 90. You are right it is pretty amazing to see guys that so it all the time and how well they can move around quickly.

15. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Can we get customized?

Attached Files:

16. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member