1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garage Time Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Very nice. Hell of a "first" machine. Normally guys start out with an old south bend or something lol. Congrats!

2. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I resemble that remark! Sits alongside an almost equally as old Cincinnati Toolmaster 1A mill to finish out the stereotype.

3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I was looking for some of those small Pirelli stickers for the forks/fender on my bike.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thanks. First lathe of my own, but been machining for 30 years. Starting my own machining and service business, so need equipment that fits the bill. A VF-2 is next. Now I have to relearn CNC. Its been 20 years since I ran one.

5. Dan Dubeau

Ya I knew you were a machinist, just teasing about the big first jump for a home shop machine. :D

Check out the haas youtube page for lots of good tips on their machines/controls. I've never ran a haas lathe (fanuc nakamura), but have run their mills for about 13 years now, so feel free to post up any questions if you have any.

Rdrace42 likes this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Those are dry transfer MX tire stickers, sorry

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

You making fun of me, Dan? I've got a 10" with a 48" bed that came out of a Navy ship circa 1947. I think it weighs more than my VF-2.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

20220623_170026~2.jpg Just picked this up from an auction. Bigger than I planned on buying(wanted a Dake model 2.5, 6 ton press), but for $400 +130 mile worth of gas, since I saved $2000+. This is a 12 ton.

9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Made a stand for my vise.

20220715_202858-COLLAGE.jpg

MachineR1, Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  10. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

A couple more auction scores.

FMB Phoenix miter handsaw. Same exact saw I had at my last job, same year even(2002), but in way rougher shape. They are about $5500 new(was figured into my budget). Picked this up for $600. I will completely tear it apart, clean it(it was in an aluminum casting business, so it is absolutely filthy), replace any bearings/wear items, and it should be good to go.
    Also picked up a 20" disc sander for under $400. Will give it the same treatment as the saw. 20220818_114005~2.jpg

ducnut, Dan Dubeau and Wingnut like this.
  12. tiggen

Man, I keep looking for auction scores, but all the good ones are so far away from Atlanta. Whatever the score is on the buy side is entirely wiped out after shipping. Nice grabs though.

13. rohorn

rohorn Well-Known Member

Another problem solved with the mill....

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Start of the current project..

4.jpg

14. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Finally, some work on the Durrani wheels!!

rohorn and jksoft like this.
  15. tiggen

Made a table.
    20220828_164150.jpg

20220828_164210.jpg

Rdrace42, ducnut, iagsxr and 5 others like this.
  16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Very nice work on that table!
    It was wicked hot and i was hungover so i worked on the RS50 in the basement shop where its been sitting. Got it all cleaned up and put back together. Just needs a battery and it should run. If not it may need a carb cleaning. I have a ES125 on the table next so i may just leave the 50 in the basement as a man cave sculpture. It's not that fun anyway since its so slow (even with the flat slide and big bore kit)

IMG_7522b.JPG IMG_7523b.JPG IMG_7524b.JPG IMG_7526b.JPG

17. Dan Dubeau

I've been chipping away at this guy for way too long, but it's finally breathing on it's own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's still not "done" done, but it's getting there. Will be nice to be able to use it, and get back to all the other projects on the list :D.

bullockcm and Banditracer like this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

This may be my next garage project. But if someone wants this 99.9% original 9.7 horsepower, 100cc 1966 Twin Jet Yamaha PM me. And note it could be considered by many to be the ultimate pit bike
    upload_2022-11-14_18-36-11.jpeg

19. tiggen

Just finished a decorative railing for the firepit.

Attached Files:

G2G and Red Fox Racing like this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's just so damn cool!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.