1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Petrucci Files

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2befast, May 27, 2022.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It's DAGO, not dego.

When the Italian immigrants started showing up and stealing the jobs that the Irish had held for so long, they made it dangerous for them to go out at night in NY. So they began calling them "Day-Goers" or Dagos for short.

Wop is another one- papers would be stamped WOP (Without Passport) on arrival. I don't know where Guinea came from- may have to urban dictionary that one! :beer:

ToofPic likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Something to do with the Gulf of Guinea along Africa and darker skin.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Like Pirelli's new intermediate race tire....

Dego good in the wet, Dego fast in the dry and when dego flat,,,dego,,,wap,wap,wap....

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s pretty interesting, thanks for sharing that

cpettit likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup:C’mon man itza de eyetalian way ve do it! It a worka bery well for us for decades.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Okay, so Petrucci walks away from Brainerd with the points lead and 2 of the remaining 3 tracks are the closest to HSBK and I think he will jive with Pitt Race and Barber and has definitely tested at the remaining tracks. So my money is on Petrucci maintaining the points lead going into New Jersey and then JG1 and DP9 being within 5-10 points of each other going into Barber. I think there is going to be some points drama and each rider pushed to the edge for a great end of the season for SBK. I hope they keep the rubber side down and settle this on track!

7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I hope he loses the championship by 1 point to Jake :crackup:

Once a Wanker.. and cav115 like this.
  8. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

9. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know the terms of that deal... If I were Suzuki, I don't think I'd pay money to fly a stranger in to criticize my bike when I'm leaving the series. I'm assuming the "offer" was something like "Hey, if you show up we'll give you a bike, crew, and 2 sets of bodywork... everything outside that is your $$$."

I wonder if this is enticing to Petrucci? Or if he really IS focused on the US championship.

Either way it's fun to put yourself in his shoes and think it out!

-T

10. 418

418 Expert #59

IL8APEX, Quicktoy and Banditracer like this.
  11. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I think Petrucci would do a bang up job but I think he is focused on the MA championship now.

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I can't see Ducati allowing him to ride another manufacturers bike, in a different series while he's in title contention in MA. Makes for a nice story though (and I'd love to see it happen).

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I also would be very surprised to see that happened, doesnt make much sense for anyone

Would probably be better to just use someone from European championships or even a rider from MotoE

14. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

It would make more sense for them to have Sylvain Guintoli ride the bike if his wrist has recovered, if not, then they should reward Gregg Black for the hard work he's put in at SERT.

15. Boman Forklift

I would love to see him do it. Since Ducati doesn't have a place for him in WSBK, and we know the Suzuki appears to still be a good bike, it would be really hard for him to resist that offer. However, as you mentioned it maybe hard for Ducati to let him do it.

Personally, I can't imagine he doesn't want to feel what a different manufacturers MotoGP bike feels like. It would be cool because he would have recent Ducati, KTM and Suzuki MotoGP experience.

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think a better bet would be to use a Moto 2 rider who is not in contention for the championship that has a lot of big bike experience. Cam comes to mind.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He would be three seconds/lap behind Fernandez.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

you were close…
    Kazuki Watanabe

Shocker likes this.
  19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

20. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Makes sense, imo. Can you imagine trying to build a development path when these are your two riders?

[​IMG]

Ducati struggled with development and bike setup when Rinaldi and Redding were on the bike due to rider size differences. It would be even worse with Petrucci.